Rims or 6-Speed Swap

noahamorgan

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think:
Should I get new wheels, or save the money towards getting the 6-Speed swap?

I keep going back and forth between the two. Hate having the stock wheels, but would love to have the 6-Speed.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
I take it you are a V6, so I'm going go out on a limb and say save for the 6 SPD swap. You'll be happier with it in the long run, and you can always get your car new shoes later on :beer:

noahamorgan

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
That's what has been running through my mind, the fun of driving stick. But then I look at my car, and all it's missing appearance wise is some nice wheels. lol
Damn cars cost so much, but are so fun.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
You could always take comfort in knowing that with those nice new shoes, your car will look pretty just as that trans starts slipping. Go with the swap first I'd say, in other words.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Get the swap. Since you're already 5 lug you can get some cheap tl wheels and those look great and are fairly common and cheap.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either you're getting an excellent deal on the 6MT swap or you're getting some pricey rims :)
If you're budget allows, go for the manual transmission swap any day of the week. You'll feel as if you got a new car!

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Depending on your financial situation, you could probably acquire rims before the 6-speed swap, unless the rims you lookin at cost as much as the swap, then I'd go with 6-speed. Rims for looks, swap will be lots of fun...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Wheels make a huge difference in looks of course, & if the same budget is for both these mods you could get a hell of a nice set. But in my experience the joy wheels bring fades over time. Having a manual never gets old.

However, make sure you have the means to get the swap done right, whether you’re doing it yourself or having a shop do it. It’s a process.

Last edited:

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
6 speed swap, it's fun and as someone said above, TL wheels will suffice, or '03 TLS wheels

28890d1362415819-acura-tl-oem-17-rims-needed-chicago-area-2006acuratlrim.jpg

attachment.php

even this one looks not bad, gives it a clean look

Back