AC Noise when AC is turned on. Video and Pic inside,

Jimsun

Reaction score
So for some reason my AC started making this noise. Im not entirely sure where it is coming from and why. Maybe someone can shed some light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI1CQGWNpNg

B21Wni.jpg

xci.ed6

Reaction score
comes from compressor (use your hand, you can feel noises better than hear them)?

Only when ON?

Compressor is dead. Bearings, pistons, IDK. There are many parts in there to make noise, but you replace all of them with a reman. Do -NOT- use a cheapo reman, I tried. OEM lasted 210k miles, that lasted ~10k miles, the replacement (another cheapo, warranty) may be dead after another 10k (it doesn't get cold enough, I need to check it out, again).

Jimsun

Reaction score
Yep only noisy when ac from climate control dash is turned on.

There was some belt residue when i looked. See puc

james'99

Reaction score
Yep only noisy when ac from climate control dash is turned on.

There was some belt residue when i looked. See puc

Were you switching it on and off to make the noise? Anyway, I think a reman compressor is in your future. You could possibly get the part, but I don't think I'd even try honestly.

Jimsun

Reaction score
Okay. Yea i noticed today that the inner bearing doesnt spin anymore. I guess its time fir a new comp.

Jimsun

Reaction score
I found out that the problem was the clutch. I replaced the whole unit due to the price difference (Denso). When i removed it, i noticed that the belt does not spin unless a GREAT a mount of force is applied. the clutch was also blown.

james'99

Reaction score
I found out that the problem was the clutch. I replaced the whole unit due to the price difference (Denso). When i removed it, i noticed that the belt does not spin unless a GREAT a mount of force is applied. the clutch was also blown.

Great to hear! All good now?

Jimsun

Reaction score
Great to hear! All good now?

Yup. Now i need a new dryer and expansion valve or maybe a new evaporator to revive the air back to mid 40 degrees.

How ever i do not know where the expansion valve or the evaporator is located

james'99

Reaction score
Yup. Now i need a new dryer and expansion valve or maybe a new evaporator to revive the air back to mid 40 degrees.

How ever i do not know where the expansion valve or the evaporator is located

I think its all in the vicinity of the condenser.

Back