AC temps

Jimsun

Reaction score
As the summer approaches. I decided that i will be doing my AC as its been bad since the day i bought the car. And the compressor finally blew.

Anyways. I replaced the compressor $150, expansion valve $12, condenser $40 and the receiver dryer $10. Now its blowing nice.

Im wondering what everyones ac temps are.

It drops to 40 then goes up to 44. Thats about the range it stays on.
JejEoA.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just saw this and I have what may be a dumb question. The lowest temperature the AC goes to (according to the auto CC) is 60 degrees. So why can you get 44?

james'99

Reaction score
Just saw this and I have what may be a dumb question. The lowest temperature the AC goes to (according to the auto CC) is 60 degrees. So why can you get 44?

It's just like the thermostat in your house. It has to blow air that's colder than the temperature you request in order to ever get to that temperature in a reasonable time.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I thought about that, sounded weird in my head but hearing you say it makes complete sense. :dunce: I must be half asleep lol.

I need to see what mine blows out. Btw my A/C stops working when I'm sitting idle, but as long as the car is moving the air remains cold. It's like the compressor just doesn't run when I'm not moving or something. I think this only started happening after the swap, but I could be wrong. Anyway, any ideas on that?

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
I thought about that, sounded weird in my head but hearing you say it makes complete sense. :dunce: I must be half asleep lol.

I need to see what mine blows out. Btw my A/C stops working when I'm sitting idle, but as long as the car is moving the air remains cold. It's like the compressor just doesn't run when I'm not moving or something. I think this only started happening after the swap, but I could be wrong. Anyway, any ideas on that?

Haha! Trust me, we all have those moments. Condenser fan not coming on maybe? Moving would cause air to flow across the condenser maybe causing no need for it. Also, cabin air filter. Not directly related, but has it been serviced?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hmm maybe. Are you saying the condenser fan should always be turning whether I'm moving or sitting at idle?

I changed the cabin air filters on 2/26/2012. The air smells new/clean still, surprisingly.

Rallypoint_1

Reaction score
That's a nice number!!! Cold!!!

RedRyder:
The two fans should come on when the compressor kicks on. Compressor should cycle(turn off) and then come on. Coming on and off is normal.

james'99

Reaction score
Hmm maybe. Are you saying the condenser fan should always be turning whether I'm moving or sitting at idle?

I changed the cabin air filters on 2/26/2012. The air smells new/clean still, surprisingly.

The condenser is liable to freeze to the point where refrigerant can't flow through it. The purpose of the condenser is to keep the temperature of the refrigerant up so it doesn't freeze in the lines. Lines freeze, no flow of refrigerant, no A/C. When you are moving, air naturally warms it because you are moving. Personally, that is where I would start looking.

Back