Does Honda Accord have rivals?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I didn't know H22s have head gasket issues either. Never had an issue like that in my old H swap.
True all the older vtec engines burned oil to an extent, but the H22 was the worst. Not as bad as the internet makes it seem though. It was less than a quart every 3k miles with me. I'd consider that pretty good for most used and unrebuilt 90s engines

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I didn't know H22s have head gasket issues either. Never had an issue like that in my old H swap.
True all the older vtec engines burned oil to an extent, but the H22 was the worst. Not as bad as the internet makes it seem though. It was less than a quart every 3k miles with me. I'd consider that pretty good for most used and unrebuilt 90s engines

If you're usually above 4K RPM's (which I was) ur burning oil.
But you're right tho, every 3000 miles of oil change, its usually less than a quart of oil that's lost

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Mine stopped living its life above 4k after about a month, when I finally realized how thirsty those engines are haha. Limited my heavy foot to freeway ramps and track days afterwards. Man I still miss that car...

Anyways, Honda should put a turbo in a sport model accord. Or even bring back the euro r/ type r models! And bring them to the states

sb001

Banned
Reaction score
The 6th gen trans issues we dominantly for the V6 models. (Accord, Odyssey, TL)
People with the 4banger autos rarely had a problem...

Oh, yeah?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/1998-Silver-Honda-Accord-LX---116821-Miles-26860668.html

MECHANICAL/OTHER NOTES: 4 cylinder engine. The transmission slips and needs repair. There is a leak in the transmission and possibly a leak in the seal at the distributor. This vehicle started at the time of the listing but it is not recommended to drive until the transmission problems are addressed.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i4 auto trans problems were a lot less common than the v6's issues, definitely a rare occurrence. the auto in my first 6g was going when i got rid of it at 120k though :lawl: when i got my second one, i made sure it was manual haha.

Last edited:

sb001

Banned
Reaction score
My 98 is also a manual, as was my 01 years ago.
That said, I would probably be bidding on that one, if I knew how to do a tranny swap.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't want an Accord to share any nomenclature whatsoever with a Civic. No Si, no Type-R, etc. just come up with something new. :lawl:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I don't want an Accord to share any nomenclature whatsoever with a Civic. No Si, no Type-R, etc. just come up with something new. :lawl:

LOOOOOL

Well, they definitely cant call it the Accord Type-S
Thats branded for Acura models only.

Anything Type-R is strictly for euro.

All we have left is the Si brand.
or they can call it The ACCORD-X

LOL

Back