Tapping two HID bulbs into one ballast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Is it possible?

So here's my idea; why go and buy two HID kits when you can tap a second bulb into the existing ballast right?

For example, I have HID bulbs for my headlights, so they're already plugged into the ballast. Now if I want 3000k bulbs for my fogs, would I be able to just tap the fogs into the existing ballast that's powering my headlights? I need opinions, and examples from those who have tried, failed or not. Thanks !

Edit: Also, If I wanted to run a t3/t4 at about 5psi on stock internals of an f23, would that be a bad idea ? Lol. I know, search. Its 3AM and I'm lazy, and all of you are so nice. So if you're gonna sit there and say "search" then just don't answer my question. Thanks again !

Last edited:

metrick1235

Reaction score
if you go to tapping into a ballast not only is your warranty voided due to improper use, but you will also risk fire, shorting out, frying your ballast, or blowing up your bulbs.. you can just get some cheap-o ballasts on ebay for 40 with a warranty that will come with bulbs..

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Or you can buy a DDM full kit which is now only $35 or something ridiculous. They come with two ballasts for a reason.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
stick with a $7 pair of halogens if you cant spend $35 on a full kit.

why won't it work?

400px-Ohms_law_triangle.svg_.png

if you dont recognize that or what the letters mean, dont go playing with ballasts that produce 35,000v and take ~8A to start...thats skin burning territory...like, you'll see whats below your skin after its burned off :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back