Car threw a code.

00Txcoupe

Reaction score
mu3uju7e.jpg
Hoping its not the cat. Converter because I just changed that sucker 3-4 months ago with the magmaflow one. What do you guys think?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Its your o2 censor an you might have a leak somewhere. I have the same code. Ill leg you know what happens when i seap my censors.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I have the same code so I'll keep checking in here. I have a little leak where my mid muffler used to be though.

00Txcoupe

Reaction score
I'm tellin myself it's gotta be the o2 sensor because I just got this converter installed. My mechanic thinks otherwise though, he's saying that the o2 sensors have their own separate code(s) and the car didn't show any others. Will check back here though and wait for RackedOut's feedback.

Got02Accord

Reaction score
It might actually be either a MAF sensor that is dirty or a EGR valve that is dirty. My friend got the same error code and I can't remember exactly which one it was! Ill check with him and post back!

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I'm tellin myself it's gotta be the o2 sensor because I just got this converter installed. My mechanic thinks otherwise though, he's saying that the o2 sensors have their own separate code(s) and the car didn't show any others.

this is true but a faulty o2 sensor can still throw a P0420 code. Happened to me

00Txcoupe

Reaction score
Gonna go the semi cheapest route and swap out the o2 sensors before I go about ordering a brand new converter again. Prolly go ahead and clean the Maf and egr valve while I'm at it.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Get new o2 sensors before the cat since they're a lot cheaper and especially if you just got a new cat.

If there's a diy on egr and maf cleaning, post it in here pretty please and thank you.

Got02Accord

Reaction score
Get new o2 sensors before the cat since they're a lot cheaper and especially if you just got a new cat.

If there's a diy on egr and maf cleaning, post it in here pretty please and thank you.

Don't know of a DIY but when i did my sisters civic's egr all you do is take it off, and get a can of compressed air and you spray into the channels and just blow out the loose crap. make sure nothing gets into the engine when you have that off. Thats a direct line to the flux capacitor and it can really mess things up.

Back