new member from NC

Reaction score
You must be talking about cpcc, i am student there and that deck is the reason i cant go any lower.

With the swap its pretty straight forward...

1. Get a prelude p5m ecu that is the year of your accord or newer.
2. Satisfy all emissions requirements of that ecu
3. Bypass imobilizer in the ecu with doctronics chip
4. If not already present, make sure sensors are at the oil pump and not at the distributor. (make sure gear cogs are the ones that match this setup)(run sensor wires to the correct location)
5. Run shielded wire for knock sensor and unshielded wire for vtec. (if needed)
6. Change intake manifold for the version with 2 wire iacv. (if new motor has 3 wire)

Also the egr setup is confusing when referencing the prelude schematics. You only need one electronically controlled valve in line with the egr lift sensor mounted on the intake manifold. The scematics show two but im using one with zero problems. The purge control valves used for the evap system are pretty much universal between honda models so any will do, if you have a H23a then there will be one mounted on the front of the intake manifold just like the f23a. these valves are supposedly uni-directional.

Varnell

Reaction score
Just transferred from there to UNCC this Fall. Small world!

My frame is maybe an 1.5" off the ground. I had to park in the parking deck by the football field. The one next to the Levine Tech building would have been impossible to go up above the first floor.

Back