F23A4 to F23A1 swap?

boostedf23CT

Reaction score
Whats good guys, I'm about to pull the motor in my 00' Accord and boost it. Instead of rebuilding, I was just gonna pick up another motor since mines got 240k on it. Question is, since I have a F23a4, will my harness and ecu work on a F23a1? Whats the word?

Thanks

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
They're both vtec and sohc, I would imagine it would be exactly the same. The compressions between a1 and a4 are like the only differences I think.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
They're both vtec and sohc, I would imagine it would be exactly the same. The compressions between a1 and a4 are like the only differences I think.

You have to consider the ULEV on the a4 also.

I'm not sure, but I think you need the ecu too, but since you are boosting, I'm sure youre gonna go with OBD1 conversion with a p28 ecu right?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
A5 is ULEV...

Edit: god damn it. I can never keep them straight. Yeah a4 is the ULEV. That's gonna need a different ecu, probably.

boostedf23CT

Reaction score
Yeahh I already bought a test pipe, car isn't going to be anywhere near inspection capable so I'm doing a full turbo back straight pipe, I have a guy in the area who passes for some money on the side lol. I thought about that after the fact, I'm going to run a chipped F28 with a OBD2 to OBD1 conversion for tuning. I just wanted to make sure that the harness would work with the A1 or if I had to get an A1 harness.

Back