Intermittent hard shift, 1-2 - 2002 I4 Accord..

javiert99

Reaction score
cajun... 113k miles.

Car was fine this morning oddly enough, and I have a 25 mile commute to work.

I'll be changing the fluid this weekend, gotta stop by the dealership.

cajun

Reaction score

Sounds like you know how to turn a wrench, so this will be an easy DIY for you. I use a long funnel for the fill. You'll need one or something like that. Each drain gets out ~2.6 qts, so you may want to do at least two cycles if your fluid is dark brown. Total capacity is 6.4 qts. Good luck.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
My I4 Auto use to shift hard between first and second all the time when the car was cold. Once it warmed up it was fine though. I did this from the day I bought it until I sold it two and a half years later.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^ Yep.

I was just going to say, "Welcome to our transmission." lol. And I have the V6 auto... same deal.

truWarier02

Reaction score
hmmmm, manually shifting an automatic transmission, and you check your engine for wear problems? way to double noob it up. First off stop manually shifting through your gears, secondly, drain and refill your tranny fluid, third start saving for a new transmission because yours is on the way out for good.

Uhh, did you read correctly? I said when it's on D4 and it transitiosn from 1st to 2nd gear.... i never said i shifted manually on my automatic from 1st to 2nd.....

rvangj

Reaction score
My TPS sensor went out and the transmission would shift hard from first and second. It would not go into 4th at all.

I had a cel for the tps. When is would shift like that.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
My TPS sensor went out and the transmission would shift hard from first and second. It would not go into 4th at all.

I had a cel for the tps. When is would shift like that.

Are you referring to the Throttle Position Sensor? You said that in my thread about this the other day. How could that possibly affect the function of the transmission? Sorry for the threadjack, but it is relevant info.

jwong512

Reaction score
cajun... 113k miles.

Car was fine this morning oddly enough, and I have a 25 mile commute to work.

You should be fine as long as you change the fluid asap. My car is at 107k and I'm still on my original transmission. Been changing the fluid ever 9k-10k and I never get hard shifts. I just let my car warm up 1-2 minutes or until the rpm dies down and my intake quiets down. Then I just drive and my car shifts smoothly at 2000rpm :). It doesn't hesitate at all.

cajun

Reaction score
Fvck. Every time I convince myself to keep the car I read something like this.

Back