18x8.5 Inch rims with tires?

js5184

Reaction score
I got a 2001 Accord 4 lug and was looking at some 18x8.5 inch rims with a 35 offset, Will these fit my car with a 225/40 series tire without rubbing or stretching the tire? Or is 225 too small for an 8.5 inch rim? I don't want them to stick out too far either so if I'm better off going with 18x7.5, I'll do that. BTW the car is not lowered as of yet but will probably be lowered about 2 inches. I searched but didn't find the answer I am looking for. thanks!

eggs

Reaction score
i was lowered on tein basics with 18x8.5 and i was rubbing with my coils zero'd out but i have 19x7.5 on my car now and they are not rubbing at all i would stay with the 7.5 imo but im not 100% sure thats just my experience maybe someone else will have a better one with just the springs

meansixx

Reaction score
That offset will rub. I have 18x8.5 +45 with 225/40/18 tires and those rub a tiny bit.

agree, i have the same and they rub very slightly when i do turns on a dip or pullin into sonic, lol. but just barley. mine is flushed in the front than what it shows in my sig.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
it will rub a bit but will do well as long as you have the right stretch and camber kit

js5184

Reaction score
See that's the thing, I don't wanna worry about having to get a camber kit and I really don't wanna stretch the tire, I don't like the look of it. I might as well just stick to the 7.5 where I can just put the rim on and not worry about it rubbing anywhere.

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
you can go with the 8.5 just need the right off set so it will clear the body and you will be fine

nyknick1015

Reaction score
See that's the thing, I don't wanna worry about having to get a camber kit and I really don't wanna stretch the tire, I don't like the look of it. I might as well just stick to the 7.5 where I can just put the rim on and not worry about it rubbing anywhere.

a 7.5 will still rub with a a mid offset and if/when you lower, its camber kit or buy tires more frequently

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
oh yea i am runninga 18x8.5 on my car and it cleared fin when i wasnt as low as i am now

you best bet is just to get a 18 inch wheel that is for your car and not worry bout the offset or with

js5184

Reaction score
How about with the car sitting at stock height? I know it won't rub on the fenders but will it clear the struts when turning all the way? The 18x8.5's with 35 offset I mean.

Last edited:
Back