Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > Car Audio & Electronics

Register to remove these ads

Old 12-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Points: 2,347, Level: 13 Points: 2,347, Level: 13 Points: 2,347, Level: 13
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Acc.rd is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Lighting issues

2001 Honda Accord Ulev 5mt.

Issues Im having:

1. Right front turn signal LED wont stay white after I swapped bulbs from both sides. When driving with DRL they are supposed to stay white and turn amber when turning; however I grabbed the light tester and there is no power going through those wires but when I turn they go amber just fine ? Left Side works just fine with both bulbs. Any Suggestions.

2.One day on my way to work I used my turn signal and they would only turn on once and stop blinking. I changed out the relay and now they stopped hyper flashing and turn on fine; however on my dashboard they dont notify me on which side its on. When I turn on my hazards they show up on my dashboard blinking but dont work outside. My highbeam notification light doesn't turn on either.

3. My reverse light stopped working. i checked fuses and bulbs and they work just fine. Im thinking its the reverse light switch any suggestions ?

Update !: Fixed issue #1

I checked fuses, bulbs, grounds and even swapped the reverse light switch and still no reverse light. can someone please help ? Also my turn signals indicators only work when I press the hazrd switch but then they dont turn on outside ? HighBeam indicator also doesnt work ? Can it be the mutifunction switch ?

Last edited by Acc.rd; 12-11-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:41 PM

Re: Please Help

Originally Posted by Acc.rd View Post
2001 Honda Accord Ulev 5mt.

Issues Im having:

1. Right front turn signal LED wont stay white after I swapped bulbs from both sides. When driving with DRL they are supposed to stay white and turn amber when turning; however I grabbed the light tester and there is no power going through those wires but when I turn they go amber just fine ? Left Side works just fine with both bulbs. Any Suggestions.

2.One day on my way to work I used my turn signal and they would only turn on once and stop blinking. I changed out the relay and now they stopped hyper flashing and turn on fine; however on my dashboard they dont notify me on which side its on. When I turn on my hazards they show up on my dashboard blinking but dont work outside. My highbeam notification light doesn't turn on either.

3. My reverse light stopped working. i checked fuses and bulbs and they work just fine. Im thinking its the reverse light switch any suggestions ?

Update !: Fixed issue #1

I checked fuses, bulbs, grounds and even swapped the reverse light switch and still no reverse light. can someone please help ? Also my turn signals indicators only work when I press the hazrd switch but then they dont turn on outside ? HighBeam indicator also doesnt work ? Can it be the mutifunction switch ?
Bump Please Help
Old 12-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Points: 1,647, Level: 11 Points: 1,647, Level: 11 Points: 1,647, Level: 11
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

dawg316 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like your turn signal stock is bad . the arm thing itself

for the reverse lights its easy to check the switch with 2 people and a test light. check for power going in on the 2 pin switch. then put it in reverse and see if theres power going out.

pretty simple to diagnose

SOLD: 1994 EG sedan boosted 10 psi 185hp/170lb.tq
Currrent: 2000 Accord coupe h22a4 swaped ( new wheels coming soon)
Subscribe to my youtube: Wrenchlife 604 * Click red letters to view *
Old 12-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Points: 1,788, Level: 11 Points: 1,788, Level: 11 Points: 1,788, Level: 11
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

SupraGuy is somewhat reliable
Re: Lighting issues

For the reverse lights, fuse #9 in the in the underdash fuse block is the relevant one. Just to be certain, I'd check that it gets +12V when the ignition switch is on.

For an automatic transmission, there's also a relay, but not for a manual. If there is a relay, pull it and check that you get ground at the switch pin (white wire). The switch itself should be at the gear selector in the console. there are 3 (I think might be 4, but 2 are connected together) contacts to the relay One (or the 2 tied together) should have +12V when the ignition switch is on, one (white wire) goes to the reverse switch at the console, and the other (green/black wire) goes to the back of the car and the lights. Check that you have power, and that the relay works.

I believe that the manual transmission switch is on the transmission housing, with a 2 pin connector (Yellow and green/black)

Either at the manual transmission, or at the under dash relay, if you apply +12V to the green/black wire your reverse lights should come on. If they don't then you have a wiring issue to the back of the car. If they do, then the relay or manual transmission switch isn't working.

1989 Toyota Supra, 502,XXX kms. Heavily modified, mostly dead.
1990 Toyota Supra, 190,XXX kms, project car.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by dawg316 View Post
sounds like your turn signal stock is bad . the arm thing itself

for the reverse lights its easy to check the switch with 2 people and a test light. check for power going in on the 2 pin switch. then put it in reverse and see if theres power going out.

pretty simple to diagnose
I think your right maybe this weekend I will get one from the junkyard, but the muti function switch can cause the hazards not to work either ?
Old 12-14-2017, 12:41 PM

Re: Lighting issues

Originally Posted by SupraGuy View Post
For the reverse lights, fuse #9 in the in the underdash fuse block is the relevant one. Just to be certain, I'd check that it gets +12V when the ignition switch is on.

For an automatic transmission, there's also a relay, but not for a manual. If there is a relay, pull it and check that you get ground at the switch pin (white wire). The switch itself should be at the gear selector in the console. there are 3 (I think might be 4, but 2 are connected together) contacts to the relay One (or the 2 tied together) should have +12V when the ignition switch is on, one (white wire) goes to the reverse switch at the console, and the other (green/black wire) goes to the back of the car and the lights. Check that you have power, and that the relay works.

I believe that the manual transmission switch is on the transmission housing, with a 2 pin connector (Yellow and green/black)

Either at the manual transmission, or at the under dash relay, if you apply +12V to the green/black wire your reverse lights should come on. If they don't then you have a wiring issue to the back of the car. If they do, then the relay or manual transmission switch isn't working.
In regards to the vehicle its a 5mt. I checked all fuses and bulbs, this past weekend i was lucky enough to find a 5mt at the junkyard so I replaced the transmission switch and nothing. We also tested the green/black wires with a light tester but no power running through there ?