S-spec F20B Dyno Sheet!

S-spec

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Yesturday I put my car on the dyno and did some tuning. Last years tune yielded a measely 155 whp thanks to a clogged cat and stock exhaust.

Yesturday, after installing my custom 2.25" free flowing exhaust, I managed to extract this:

scan0001fk6.jpg

I might be able to get a bit more top end. We had an opening in the dyno scehdule since one customer didn't show up because of a blown motor. Right when I started tuning my VTEC fuel curve, I had to hurry up since we had a supercharged Z06 (480 WHP) to slap on the dyno.

More updates next time I have time and energy to put the car back on!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
nice hp... but no tork :lawl:

i keed i keed :D numbers look good sajan... just bolt-ons on a stock motor?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea wats up with the torque man... max 140... less than a stock f23

S-spec

Reaction score
Thats WHEEL torque boys, out of a 2L engine :)

Either way, stock, the F20B makes 200hp and 145tq at the crank.

But like I said, I really didn't have time to fiddle with the hi cam ignition, which is where all the power is.

My motor: SRI (maybe gonna go CAI....), No butterflies, ported intake mani (soon to be improved), DC headers (mehh...garbage headers. The collectors on DCs are really scrap. Looking for some new ones), and exhaust. Thats it, thats all.

Fuzz

Reaction score
You will get more power out of the motor... even if it means you need to resort to yelling VTEC during the Dyno Run

turboputz

Reaction score
Nice. So that reads about 175 whp and 140 wtq.
And yeah like you said that's wheel torque. A stock F23 puts down about 128-130 torque to the wheels so considering the smaller displacement that is a great number. Goes to show you torque isn't just a factor of displacement or stroke, but flow characteristics too.

The thing you might want to do with an F20b is to build it for the higher revs like you see in the NA Honda world, a la B16 or F20c. The F20b is widely known as a destroked H22. The shorter stroke means that in theory it can rev higher with more tolerable piston speeds than the H22. Maybe not 11-12k RPM like you can see with the B16, but more like 8500-9k rpm.

IMO the three reasons to go F20B:
1. To be different
2. To save a few hundred beans
3. To build a rev happy NA engine with more top end hp and less torque.
The kind that might lose at the line and catch up and whoop down the road, another thing Hondas are known for. Breath baby breath, think JUN stage 3

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
./..\//\/\ Since you pointed that out/\/\

Im more worried about maintanince in the car, where would one get an oil pump and timing belt and what not....J/W its not like im going to do it...

S-spec

Reaction score
Nice. So that reads about 175 whp and 140 wtq.
And yeah like you said that's wheel torque. A stock F23 puts down about 128-130 torque to the wheels so considering the smaller displacement that is a great number. Goes to show you torque isn't just a factor of displacement or stroke, but flow characteristics too.

The thing you might want to do with an F20b is to build it for the higher revs like you see in the NA Honda world, a la B16 or F20c. The F20b is widely known as a destroked H22. The shorter stroke means that in theory it can rev higher with more tolerable piston speeds than the H22. Maybe not 11-12k RPM like you can see with the B16, but more like 8500-9k rpm.

IMO the three reasons to go F20B:
1. To be different
2. To save a few hundred beans
3. To build a rev happy NA engine with more top end hp and less torque.
The kind that might lose at the line and catch up and whoop down the road, another thing Hondas are known for. Breath baby breath, think JUN stage 3

Stock the motor revs to 8200 RPM. Springs and retainers, you can rev safely to 9, but there is no point cuz look at the power curve. 8K is a good red line with the stock cams (which are the same as the Prelude Type-S)

I am going to try to extract some better numbers later on this summer. We'll see what I can manage.

As for numbers compared to high displacement motors, the compression for the F20B is 11:1.

From the JDM shops around here in the Montreal area, typically the F20B is MORE expensive than an H22, since it always comes stock with an LSD, and it IS an H22 motor, smaller stroke and bore. As soon as I bought the motor I put in a new water pump and timing belt from an H22. Same thing for bolt ons. My DC Headers are for an H22.

Its as easy as that. :)

Last edited:
Back