Talontsiawd's 1971 Jaguar XJ6

NocturnalEvo

Reaction score
that's awesome! i love jag's.

They look awesome dropped with a classy set of wheels.

Keep us posted w/the updates :)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Sounds like you're in (been in) for the long haul. Hopefully you'll get it where you want it and get to enjoy driving it as much as you enjoy(ed) fixing it.

Trust me, it has been an ever lasting project. One reason it doesn't get "finished" is that it's so expensive so you really have to be to a comfortable point to drop some cash on the next thing. It is technically drivable right now (minus the fan/fan clutch I need to put back in).

Here is a list of some of what has been done, minus all the little stuff and things I have forgotten:

-Fuel tanks Refurbished
-New Fuel Pumps x2
-Rebuilt Carbs x2
-Rebuilt Steering Rack
-New Shocks and Springs x6
-Drive Shaft Alignment (needs to be done again)
-New Tires (6ish years old, no real miles)
-Good used radiator
-Rebuilt front calipers
-New pads and rotors
-All fuilds changes
-Tons of other little things, too many to remember

Anyway, the goal is to make this a solid drivable car before I even think of cosmetic stuff. So many people have mint jags that barely run, if at all, and still show them, act like they have a gem, etc. All people you see driving a vintage Jag on the street are very cool, no matter if it's mint or a beater though. Very good culture.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Sorry for pics without any real updates but I haven't had this car in sunlight in almost a year.

I call this picture "Two dirty silver *****es being pimped by Matt"
2silverbi.jpg

Last edited:

kashmeister

Reaction score
Wow man, I never knew you had this car!

Good luck, hopefully you can keep it forever ;)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
No pics right now but I am putting some time into this silver oddball of an automobile. I have had a bad alternator since I was given the car. This isn't a European thing, per say, but my alternator isn't like what we have on our Honda's, or other new cars. All alternators have a basic generator, a voltage regulator, and a relay to keep within a certain voltage. On many older cars, the voltage regulator and relay are external. My car is like this. The odd part about my car, it is damn near impossible to find a legit rebuild that will last for any time.

I have been working on a GM alternator swap for a period of time. I bought a kit and it just wasn't really made for my car. It should "kind of fit" but not on my exact year, they didn't account for my rare option setup. I ripped out my AC a long time ago and tried to make it fit, it just didn't. Many people have issues. I also didn't want to switch my AC, even though it will probably never work, if I want it back, it is for cosmetics.

So, I finally fabbed up a bracket. It was actually pretty simple but since this was a father/son project and I still run everything by my pops, it has been a hassle. He loves it now that it is done, he just didn't trust me in the process. I am still working out the wiring, I know 95% of it but I am unsure about 1 wire. This isn't the type of car that just blows a fuse so I have to take my time.

Anyway, long story short, this car may be charging itself to where I can use headlights and such soon. Very happy.

I will post a pic of my work when I get a chance. Again, don't expect crazy updates, my car is a lot better than it was 15 years ago but it is a lifetime project so nothing happens quickly. Expect paint in 5 years or more, lol.

Back