And so it is completed!... 6 speed swap.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Re: And so it begins... 6 speed.

Ok so the most recent news is that the 06 shifter and linkages will be here on monday as well as a used flywheel to be resurfaced and the 6 speed tranny. The swap will mainly begin then! I'm also going to be getting a Competition Clutch stage 1 put in. So don't expect any updates till at the earliest monday! My car will be staying the weekend at the shop, so far away from me :'(

Tek_Rice

Reaction score

I hate Clutch masters... a lot of probel s with them and 6spd swaps..

But right now, i'm also starting my swap.

It shoud run 4K after parts and labor
Probably much less.

TheHunter

Reaction score

Well they can get me a pretty cheap stage one clutch and they're local to socal so I can get it when I start my swap. My installer trusts them too, so if it goes out I'm sure he'll charge me very little to fix it.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

Well they can get me a pretty cheap stage one clutch and they're local to socal so I can get it when I start my swap. My installer trusts them too, so if it goes out I'm sure he'll charge me very little to fix it.

go for it!!!!! i wish i had a v6 to do this. i already swapped to a 5 speed and im luvin it!!!!!!!!!!

SeanXtec

Reaction score

I'm so tempted to start this swap. Let us know when you're all done what your final bill for parts and such was....With these accord transmissions being so cheap, I can't really think of an excuse not do it haha.

TheHunter

Reaction score

Yeah... the cl-s or tl trannys with LSD will run you AT LEAST 1300. Thats the absolute cheapest I could find, however the 7th gen accord trannys are around 700 and I've heard of even less!

Back