it cant be the fuel pump again...

Silver_Ghost

Reaction score
So...i finally finished payin off my car on last friday. And that following tuesday, the same day i get laid off my car doesnt start tryin to leave wawa. Earlier this year i replaced my fuel pump so i dont think it could be it again...can it? All electronics r working(radio gauges etc) but the engine wont crank all the way over. I thought it was the main relay acting up again so i let it chill for awhile...but nothing..so wtf do i do?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Starter? Auto or Manual?

If manual, try push starting it.

When you crank it, does all the lights flicker on/off really fast?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
His car is m/t. It sounds like either his batter doesn't have the sufficient cranking amps to turn the engine over. Either that or the starter is stuck. In depth and order, What exactly happens when you try to start it? Does it just keep trying to crank, does it make a clicking noise, do the lights dim, ect.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
So does it just keep cranking over but wont start up or does it just try to crank over and stop? If it continuously keeps trying to crank over then the first thing you want to look for is if your getting or not getting fuel and spark.

tegpower18

Reaction score
if it's cranking over normally as you explained in your second post. Check your basics spark, fuel, air then let us know

Silver_Ghost

Reaction score
So does it just keep cranking over but wont start up or does it just try to crank over and stop? If it continuously keeps trying to crank over then the first thing you want to look for is if your getting or not getting fuel and spark.
Yes it continues to try cranking as long as im turning the key. And codes...im not sure but today im gettin my friends diagnostic tool to scan it. And bcuz i was at wawa i cudnt hear the fuel pump come the first time. But its working..is there some type of type to determine if its the starter?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
If it's cranking over without any hesitation chances are the starter isn't the culprit. Try cranking it over and then pull the spark plug and see if it's wet and check if the chamber smells like fuel. If your getting fuel move on to checking for spark/ignition. When was the last time that you changed your spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor?

Here's how to check for spark, sorry for linking you to lame honda-tech but it was the first thing I found.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2919450

Back