Color for valve cover?

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
paint stripper for what? i plan on sanding the pieces and smoothing them up some...still debating on keeping the "3.0 VTEC" or smoothing it off?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I don't think paint stripper is necessary, BUT is there anything that can be used to clean up the manifold?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
I don't think paint stripper is necessary, BUT is there anything that can be used to clean up the manifold?

i cleaned mine with muratic acid....i removed the intake...set it in my yard...sprayed the acid....scrubbed it around(wear gloves)....then rinse it...and let it dry...it will become a dull gray color....but as it dries it will change to a bright gray and the entire surface will be clean like new....

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
i used that degreaser and it seemed to get most of the dirt and grime in the bay pretty good...
what should i do to prep the plastic for the best results?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
i cleaned mine with muratic acid....i removed the intake...set it in my yard...sprayed the acid....scrubbed it around(wear gloves)....then rinse it...and let it dry...it will become a dull gray color....but as it dries it will change to a bright gray and the entire surface will be clean like new....

Thanks for the info, Danny! :thumbsup:

00blacked, I would say sand the cover pieces so that you have a rough surface, use the Duplicolour primer and then Duplicolour paint. A wetsand in between coats of paint would probably help as well if you want it to really stand out.:thumbsup:

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
i believe thats what im going to do...i sanded down the pieces and got them real smooth with a wet sand before i primed them...the coats of primer are going on now...the primer has a pearl look to it so far...i will update with pics soon...
thanks damage, dinz, chido, and goldknight and whoever else helped me with this...i think it will turn out great...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Cool, just remember several light coats and give it enough time to dry!

Oh yeah.....post pics! :thumbsup:

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
so heres what color the pieces are right now from the primer...
like i said the primer has an almost pearl/metallic look to it and if i was wanting a silver color i would clear this and leave it because it looks good...
6l1utrb.jpg

8705nbr.jpg

some of the blue will go on tonight...
and ohh yeah i wetsanded a little bit on the primer to smooth it up some...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Looking good so far, I'm thinking I should do mine again, the blue is REALLY off from the rest of the blue under the hood.

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
so this is how it looks now with the blue and some of the high heat clear...
7wj3f4x.jpg

6kjfcrs.jpg

6lctoxf.jpg

what do you guys think? i painted the screws to match so they will blend in...

Back