Auto to Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a 2002 accord coupe v6.. How much/ how hard would it be to convert it to manual? Any sites that could help me out with installing or getting a tranny.. Thanks guys

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's possible. Search on V6P.net - if you tell me you don't find anything then you're not searching right. I know there's at least 1-2 stickies on it and numerous other threads.

retroshark

Reaction score
you would need to use a tranny and all the 5spd parts from i think an acura CL im pretty sure.

i think im the only guy on here who has ever done the swap on an accord, but i did it on a 4 cyl. now, not to discourage you but man, if youve got about 3 weeks to do all of it and a garage, and an engine lift, and a lot of tools, thne sure, you could knock it out, but im telling you first hand, there is a lot more to just putting teh tranny on. there are holes that are about 1/5 inches wide that you need to drill in spaces where a drill doesnt fit. there are lines that have to run behine the motor for the clutch... its a lot of work man, not to mention getting the pedals in. honda does make it easier by marking out on the chassis where stufff would go, but its still hard.

still, its possible and has been done many times, but unless you can do the workl, dont do it. youll have to pay a lot of money. now, if you are near atlanta, i could do it for you for about 1000 dollars and it would take a week or two, but that would mean youd need to have all the parts and stuff, same with anyone doing it. and that brings me to my next point.... parts. it took me nearly 6 months to locate all the parts i needed and i still had to order little extras here and there. your best bet is to find a wrecked CL and get all the parts no matter what the price is because chances are, if that one car still has all the stuf, you wont ever find another car with the same stuff in it, just sods law. so yea, find the parts, do the research and if you feel like doing it yourself, i can guide you he best i can but its still a hell of a lot of work.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
their is no 5 speed for the v6, its a 6 speed, and its from the cls, and maybe the tls? im not sure if their was a manual tls. but yea, youd honestly be better off swapping the whole engine and tranny and ecu from a cls into the car then just the tranny, cuz i hear that the headaches with just swapping the 6 speed over are crazy, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back