The "DOES IT FIT?(parts)" Thread

dvilla5506

Reaction score
i know everybody asks mainly for manual tranny's but for auto's are the h or f22 any better than the f23 tranny? im assuming since they are interchangeable they just bolt up

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
yes they would bolt up

but i can't say for certain if the wiring would work

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
so the wiring for the auto is more of a b**** than a manual

i am not sure

i don't know enough about how the ecu (or for obd-i, the tcu) operates the tranny

i am fairly certain the shift points are done by the ecu which means that whe the tranny spins xxxxrpm, you shift. this could lead you to have a higher shift point that could damage your engine

manual is all user control, so yes, it is easier in that sense

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Well I know for a fact that the 94-97 F22 auto had a TCU separate from the ECU, so that would play a large role.

not necessary

obd-i manuals had just the ecu, autos had both tcu and ecu. our modern ecu's control both and given the wiring would not have changed much between 1995-1996, i think it is all possible

but i wouldn't know how to adjust shift points on a obd-ii car. i could have sworn remembering someone change shift points on an auto, but i can't remember how

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
what would i need to do to make a 98-00 sedan Magnaflow Catback fit a 02 coupe? i dont mind shortening/extending the mid pipe if i have to i just need a heads up b4 i make a big purchase haha

Back