DIY:OEMish style DRL/Fog light Highbeam area

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
^Im kind of thinking the same thing,Im not sure if i want them on when the headlights are on..was thinking a relay may work or something? but idk Ill keep them how they are for now unless I start getting flashed to many times or anything but id like to keep it OEM as possible with out wires going all over my engine bay n crap..haha

Ofnir107

Reaction score
^ Sounds good. Please update this thread if you do wire in a relay to turn them off with the headlights. I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to wiring. =D

MikeyMike

Reaction score
i turned mine into fogs.. i dont like having them on at the same time as my low beams.. i usually run them during the day with my parking lights and i left them 9005 because during the day they dont seem as bright as when it is dark

cut the clips off the main harness, and ran a separte power/ground to a toggle switch

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
^yea thats the only thing im thinking is putting a switch to them to turn off during headlghts..so I may order the OEM accord Fog switch and make it happen If i get tired of all the lights on at once.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
^yea thats the only thing im thinking is putting a switch to them to turn off during headlghts..so I may order the OEM accord Fog switch and make it happen If i get tired of all the lights on at once.

nice work tho, now when people ask me what i did to get drl ill foward them to you :nutkick:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im not sure how relays work..but It needs to be set up to get power when car is turned on..But then switched off when the headlights are turned on...so if electric people can chime in to see...if not than ill be ordering probably a Mini switch and wiring it to turn off/on with headlights. for like 99cents off ebay.ha

omthug

Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for the write-up. I always wanted to do that but i just sold my car recently.

Back