My DIY Retro!! No 56K

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^Well in the case of FX projectors it is really hard to get color out of the projectors unless you mod them by cutting one of the shields and then bending the other towards the bulbs..this is probably pretty hard and not to mention no turning back..

As you can see the 300zx is just an easy drop and go mod...it produces much more color then OEM since the lense is very clear and it keeps the cutoff sharp..i put the pictures above showing the difference between OEM and the lense swap...all i had to do was add a small spacer (wire in our case, or some use cardboard)

This is FX with stock lense modded..you can see that 300zx is sharper
DSC_7357.jpg

Yeah i still have my old retro...they were up for sale, once i get this done i am shipping them out unless the buyer backs out..

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
ok well went out tonight..projectors need some work..gonna have to work on the spacing but this is what i got so far :D

DSC_1686.jpg

DSC_1681.jpg

DaAccord98

Reaction score
dats hottt man i wish i could have sum of those but iono cant get them yet

shavedaccord

Reaction score
So you JB welded the projectors to the OEM reflectors? Which I'm assuming still gives you adjustment VIA the OEM screws? What about centering and what not, did you use a laser or anything?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
no they have not been jb welded yet..going to do that once i get the shrouds in, they aren't actually in the housing yet...but yes i will still be able to adjust them..have not gotten centered either...going to put them on the car this weekend...get it aligned good then seal everything up..the above pictures are just of the projector sitting on the car...that is not both of them

DSC_1687.jpg

Last edited:

VietNinjaJ30A1

Reaction score
Man I've had my FX projectors sitting here since last year...now everyone's doing the FX retro =[. It looks good man...I think I'm gonna mod the stock lens instead of getting new ones...$80 for glass is pricey for me. Keep it goin and keep th pics coming! Did you cut the edge around the projector off? Mainly the top piece?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^Dang a year, i haven't even had mine 2 weeks haha..Yeah friend of mine has stock lens modded and after seeing the output of swap on HIDplanet I had to do it...also convinced him to do the same too. I went and bought some new spacers so going to test them out tonight..I can't seem to get the cutoff sharp, not sure why

I cut the sides off the projectors, that top piece is still on there..I can take a picture of what they look like now for ya and post it..Didn't want to cut the top because it looked like tons of light would escape from the top..

VietNinjaJ30A1

Reaction score
Yea that's true...there's a hole in the top of the projector under that flat piece. If you don't mind, can you just snap a few pics of what the projectors look like? I've got an idea of how I want to mount mine...but I'll have to get a set of headlights and see if it'll work before I go claiming anything...haha

Back