Tein S-Tech springs on stock shocks

vtecpowar

Reaction score
I was only able to install the 2 front springs and left the back ones on the stock springs because it was getting dark. During the short drive home, it was really bouncy on the road. I left the bump stops alone and have left everything else OEM.

Do you think that the ride is more bouncier than usual because the stock springs are still on the back while the lowering springs are on the front? Should I go ahead and install the last 2 lowering springs on the back to see if it balances out or re install the OEM springs on the front.

Has anyone ever experience this? Any input is much appreciated!

Varnell

Reaction score
Lowered in the front and oem in the back will be noticeably worse than oem in all four corners. Also, putting lowering springs on stock struts makes for a crappy ride. I learned that first hand with Eibach Sportlines.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd put on the rears. If the ride still is no good, invest in some aftermarket shocks. I wouldn't use OEM shocks with springs that give more than a 1" drop anyway.

vtecpowar

Reaction score
Also for those who have put Tein s techs, the lettering on the 2 front springs are suppose to be upside down right?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Usd? Idk...

As for ride, many people confuse 'bounce' and 'firm'...
Find a road with one bump then smooth. If you feel that bump, and again, and again, that's bounce. If you -FEEL- that bump then smooth, that's firm.

Oem (Honda, real oem) shocks worked ~100k on stock springs then ~80k on drop springs (H&R race). cheapo aftermarket did ~20k stock & ~20k dropped. Invest in quality (like real Honda?) if you need some.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, and bump stops should be trimmed per instructions. I've done a few things there. They are to prevent bottoming damage, I have trimmed, left off, but my favorite thing was to use a firmer and shorter bit. IDK what that was, some kinda hard rubber bit from Advanced Auto, I just sized it up. I shoulda kept that package!

vtecpowar

Reaction score
Ok I just realized that the 2 springs I did not install yet are labeled F...followed by some numbers. Could it be that I put the rears on the front? oops :banghead:

I know they are labeled R and F but wasn't sure if that meant rear and front. If thats the case, then theres my first problems.

Back