Questions about the TL shifter swap

HayyItsRay

Reaction score
From my recent installation I work recommend you give your shift knob a strong turn and unscrew it out. It'll make installation easier with less things in the way.

When I looked at the shifter it seemed like you actually don't need to remove anything. The V shape plastic pieces that block your shifting should move when you hit the brakes in your car. Id recommend you test that in your car after hooking the shifter up. It would be nice to have both of those in for safety!

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
From my recent installation I work recommend you give your shift knob a strong turn and unscrew it out. It'll make installation easier with less things in the way.

When I looked at the shifter it seemed like you actually don't need to remove anything. The V shape plastic pieces that block your shifting should move when you hit the brakes in your car. Id recommend you test that in your car after hooking the shifter up. It would be nice to have both of those in for safety!
Ok i think my shift knob is locktight on it takes some muscle to twist it off. Once i put the shifter in place and bolt it down then ill remove the knob to have access to the V lockout.

I dont know if it differs from preludes and Tl.... shifter assembly.

HayyItsRay

Reaction score
I had both parts, I can verify Prelude and TL shifters are 100% the same.

And yep that is the part people are saying to cut/remove!

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
I had both parts, I can verify Prelude and TL shifters are 100% the same.

And yep that is the part people are saying to cut/remove!
How was your wiring pretty easy?? I think the connector on the left of the shifter plugs in and theirs 10 pin plug on the back of the shifter.

HayyItsRay

Reaction score
It's just as other posts have said. Look for the existing wires in your car, find the matching color/pattern wires on your shifter, and connect them together whether by soldering/tying/any other method you like. I'm starting work on a write-up today so be on the lookout. That might help you a bit.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
It's just as other posts have said. Look for the existing wires in your car, find the matching color/pattern wires on your shifter, and connect them together whether by soldering/tying/any other method you like. I'm starting work on a write-up today so be on the lookout. That might help you a bit.
Ok thanks man ;) and the ones you dont need just take them out (de-pinning ) them.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Whats the easiest way to cut out the Neutral to reverse lockout i have a dremel but trying to figure out what bit to use to get inside the small area. Like a grinder bit maybe...

Back