[Updated 12/28] J32 Swap [Wiring]

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/15] J32 Swap [Finishing Touches]

Just started her up for the first time today. I can't believe how good it sounds. Sounds like one of the belts needs to be tightened, but nothing major. Good news is that the temp gauge works. I'm not one hundred percent on the other wires yet. Check engine light is on and I haven't pulled the codes yet. Still working on finding the clutch ground wire.

james'99

Reaction score

Just started her up for the first time today. I can't believe how good it sounds. Sounds like one of the belts needs to be tightened, but nothing major. Good news is that the temp gauge works. I'm not one hundred percent on the other wires yet. Check engine light is on and I haven't pulled the codes yet. Still working on finding the clutch ground wire.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect the CEL, but it is what it is! None the less, it runs! Congrats bud!

Varnell

Reaction score

Thanks, James! I'm definitely excited. I still have half a tank of 87 octane in the car, though. Should be fine for the first few days. The car is also missing the O2 downstream sensor/harness. I doubt that's the only code, but it would be nice. lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/17] J32 Swap [She's Alive]

That first start is exciting, congrats. :) Hope you get all the wiring figured out, props for doing that yourself.

I had a little under 1/2 a tank of 87 at the time of my swap, we just kept adding 93.

White6GAV6

Reaction score

Those calipers look familiar. Glad to see they are going to go to good use! :thumbsup:

This is making me want to do the swap more now though haha. Gotta wait till the auto dies or when I've run out of other things to do and have the money laying around. How are those headers compared to the stock j30 one? Looking into getting a new set. I know it's not that good of judge going from stock j30 to xs on j32, but it's close enough. Is the rest of the exhaust stock?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

congrats on a successful swap! Once everything is figured out it will be a blast to drive.

james'99

Reaction score

Thanks, James! I'm definitely excited. I still have half a tank of 87 octane in the car, though. Should be fine for the first few days. The car is also missing the O2 downstream sensor/harness. I doubt that's the only code, but it would be nice. lol

stp-octane-booster.png

Varnell

Reaction score

That first start is exciting, congrats. :) Hope you get all the wiring figured out, props for doing that yourself.

I had a little under 1/2 a tank of 87 at the time of my swap, we just kept adding 93.
Thanks, I'll probably end up doing that. Partly to keep the engine happy and partly to start making a habit of buying 93. lol

Those calipers look familiar. Glad to see they are going to go to good use! :thumbsup:

This is making me want to do the swap more now though haha. Gotta wait till the auto dies or when I've run out of other things to do and have the money laying around. How are those headers compared to the stock j30 one? Looking into getting a new set. I know it's not that good of judge going from stock j30 to xs on j32, but it's close enough. Is the rest of the exhaust stock?

Haha, yea, thanks again for having them powdercoated. I have a rebuild kit sitting next to them in the RSX seat in my room. Can't wait to put them on sometime this week.

Pretty sure you could sell those wheels and pay for the entire swap! :jae: The XS Power headers are basically replicas of the Comptech Headers. I'm not sure how much the headers added to the overall sound. I'm sure the J32 had something to do with that, too. My exhaust is stock from the cat to the the pipe that feeds into two huge mufflers.

congrats on a successful swap! Once everything is figured out it will be a blast to drive.
Thanks! I really hope so. It's going to be hard to baby it for the first 900 miles due to a new clutch and flywheel. I also won't be installing my two 12" Kenwoods so I can have a baseline to judge if they're worth installing.

Just what I need. lol I imagine people keep these in their race cars since very few gas stations around here have 101 or higher octane. I immediately imagined the clip from Family Guy where Peter fantasizes about putting jet fuel in his pickup truck and it can fly.:rotflmao:

Varnell

Reaction score

The only code causing the CEL is for the missing o2 sensor!

The last thing I need to do is find a wire to ground the clutch. I've been bypassing the clutch to start the car. I'm scouring the forums now, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Been searching 6MT swaps for J30s and J32 swaps. Any info would be appreciated.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

There should be a few grounds under the dash there for you to tap into.

Back