My 2001 EX Coupe

Aman

Reaction score
My resonator is after the bend, in that gap before the rear wheel.

Aman

Reaction score
I was wrong on the location, it seems to be in the same place as yours. Mine is the factory resonator.

This pic is from behind the passenger side rear of the car. You can see the resonator in front of what looks to be the rear subframe. It looks like an oval/slot kind of shape.

Your pic is taken from the driver's side of the car, right?

c64b0b318b2ab74b7d21998b1a2cbfd5.jpg

I'm trying to see if maybe mine is closer to the rear of the car than yours? I can't get a good pic directly from the side of my car.

Last edited:

Jushewa

Reaction score
yeah that's from the drivers side. I'm just wondering if I put another one in just in front of the muffler, if the hangers will still be there or it won't mess up the muffler. I'll have to measure.

Jushewa

Reaction score
So I think I'm going to buy a shorter "cherry bomb" glasspack to help with the depth. I found one thats only 12" so it will fit in that pipe before the muffler after the bend.

Aman

Reaction score
Interested to see results!

Another option too is to maybe put it in the bend itself - the straight portion between the two bends? Maybe it'll fit?

Jushewa

Reaction score
I think that part is only like 10" and even then I would have to get the right angle or buy adapting pieces which means more welding :p lol. I'm excited too. hopefully get the sound I'm looking for

twofast4u

Reaction score
Another Canadian! Welcome to 6GA! And nice start with the car. Any plans for this summer?

Back