Dual Axleback for 4 cyl bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
a dual exhaust on a 4 banger takes away too much back pressure, which makes you lose even more of the low end that none of us really have anyway, haha. if i were you, id get a single, and piping no bigger then 2.5in. unless you plan on going turbo or something sometime soon.

Sonnick

Reaction score
damn...my friends and i always thought i had good low end. i get my friends auto max off the line and he has almost double the torque and is the same weight. wow, so not only do my 27lb 17s (without tires) slow me down a LOT, now my exhaust does too :mad:

I guess the first owner of my car liked to make the car slower rather than faster? dummy

theaccordian

Reaction score
justvtec said:
So let me get this straight a single exhaust is better than a dual (being that it is on a 4 banger)

let me speak in laymans terms.... the straighter the piping the better.

retroshark

Reaction score
yea, that dual exhaust is gonna kill your torque. even when i got my catback, i felt the low end go down the drain.

retroshark

Reaction score
btw, what axelback is it? i may be looking for something to replace jsut the muffler on my catback, and if your getting it cut, i may be able to take it off your hands...

Sonnick

Reaction score
racing industries....never heard of it in my life....but sounds good. its in the eye candy section under "2k accord 5spd compilation"

retroshark

Reaction score
hmm no names a little fishy... either way, chp that bad boy off and make it into a single tip again. either that or get a stock exhaust for now.

Sonnick

Reaction score
yea i know what you mean with all this no name stuff. i was pleasantly surprised with the sound, however...if/when i cut it, if my friend doesnt take it (he has asked me) ill let you know if you are still interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back