DIY: Oil Catch Can Greddy specific

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrod99

Reaction score
Thanks again-this will be extremely helpful! I'll keep you updated on mine.

acrod99

Reaction score
Just got mine a few days too late-i have to wait till this weekend for my install. Mine's a no-name, but seems alright. It looks very similar to your GReddy. I just have one question: my friend thinks there may be some glass particles in steel wool. I'm not sure myself, but i don't think there would be. Anyways, this would mean we couldn't re-use the oil from the can. Any input? Thanks

klee

Reaction score
You cannot re-use the oil in the can. As for glass particles I don't believe this to be true since steel wool is in fact just long strands of coiled steel. If you purchase a pretty coarse steel wool that will not rust you will be safe. The fine mesh steel wool tends to break apart easily. An alternative that I was thinking about are bio-balls that are used in fish tanks. You can find them in any pet shop. Either way, I plan to run with the steel wool for a few months and see what the results are like. If it's bad, I'll switch to something else to baffle the can.

acrod99

Reaction score
Yea-i didn't think so either. Just getting a second opinion, man. Thanks, and i plan to install mine in basically in the same manner you did. I'll keep you updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back