Bolt-on or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

justvtec

Reaction score
OK guys now with my income i plan to get my obx headers and a full greddy cat-exhaust now what my question is do i need to go to a muffler shop to have it done or can i do it myself(i perfer to do it myself save $$$$$$$$)is it simple as screw and unscrew(i was looking under my car and looking at my header downpipe and its looks preety simple) help me out fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silencer

Reaction score
i heard the screws are pretty hard to get off 'cos of rust and all that. But if you can manage that, i don't see other hard stuff besides welding (if you need to)

JDMungi

Reaction score
Soak the nuts on the catyletic with liquid wrench do this for a good 20 mins or so keep it lubricated. Hammer it a few times. Then proceed to un tighten it with a socket. If it still wont come out soak it with liquid wrench again repat the process till its easy to loosen! You can always go to a muffler shop and have them install it for like 125 max or so give or take! hope this helps but it is a pretty easy DIY!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A good penetrating lubricant such as liquid wrench, wd40, or PB Blaster is your friend here. Along w/ a torch b/c that makes removing rusted on bolts even easier, an air gun, and you'll need the specialized socket for removing your 02 sensors. Also, when you put the 02 sensors back in, put some anti-seize on the threads.

justvtec

Reaction score
yes so i can do it myself that is good cause i could use all the money all that can get my dirty little hands also is that a good combo(obx header with a full greddy cat-exhaust) also any of yall know if the the obx header and the cat will fit right on i mean like the size ill do some research

98sleeper

Reaction score
it's simple. i did mine myself and it was a piece of cake. you should be able to knock it out pretty fast as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back