DIY Paint Job on the Cheap! *UPDATED 3/3*

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Re: DIY Paint Job/Repaint on the Cheap! *UPDATED 1/31/11*

so has your car been 4 colors now? haha black, metallic silver, tan, and red. :naughty:

djmerkone

Reaction score

so has your car been 4 colors now? haha black, metallic silver, tan, and red. :naughty:

yeah man... i hope that i do not change my mind again... at least for a while... othewise, ill just go back to black... or do CHAMELEON :eh: lol j/k

The red does not look good.

I love the color, but if you are referring to the finish... well its not finished.

99accord boi

Reaction score

i think he means its too red if that makes any sense lol
im sure a diff shade of red would look nicer
but hey ur car and i :bowdown: for painting ur car in ur driveway

djmerkone

Reaction score

lol yeah man... its not easy being sleezy... :thinking: nvm that...

on a serious note... although each coat dries to the touch in about 10-15 min, wetsanding can be a drag... them skeetos be lovin that red yo LOL
Im just tired of it cause of all the color changes man. I like this red alot and its rather uniqe-ish. I would have gone a darker red, but the ol lady started giving me that look when i bought this red... so yeah, that look scares me sometimes. :lolhitting:

Im almost done with the painting part, but from what i understand, rain is not going to let off this weekend, so i am pretty much s.o.l. and might have to wait til the following weekeind to finish.

talontsiawd

Reaction score

It may have been cheaper to DIY with the "proper materials". I didn't read through the whole thread but one important thing...Regular spray clear usually has no UV protection. Some automotive specific brands do. The one I use is about $10 per can for the cheap version. The more expensive one does a better job, and actually has a catalyst, but is like $15-20. You have to use the whole can within a few hours if you use one with a catalyst.

djmerkone

Reaction score
dropped the project for now due to health concerns and issues that i have to deal with now. If the opportunity comes, i will revisit this with another project car.

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
what about using a spray gun with color specific paint from sherwin.. think you could pull it off using that instead of rattle cans? just wondering becaues i only plan on repainting the door panel... got backed into pretty gently, minor dent but the paint got rubbed off :tumbleweed:

Back