How to use Seafoam

t.blackaccord

Reaction score
i have used seafoam before
but has anyone used Wynn's Motor Treatment?

any idea if its better?

jwong512

Reaction score
Would Seafoaming my car prolong my engine life? I'm planning on doing it next weekend.

wedamaje

Reaction score
After reading the reviews from everyone else, I decided to give it a try on my LX (128k miles). I had a 1/2 bottle of Seafoam that was about 3 years old and was not sure it was still good. I called Seafoam and talked to one of the reps who said he had used the product as old as 6 years and it worked without issue. He said my product was probably greenish based on my description of the age (which it was) and should be ok to use. Well, I did try it and YES, it did WORK! Lots of smoke, better response and smoother idle and shifting. I plan on doing it again along with adding it to the oil and gas this time. THANKS everyone for the comments! I'm sold! By the way, my check engine light did come on, but I corrected that by removing fuse 13 as described on this site. ALL is good!

jwong512

Reaction score
I've never seen anyone use the Seafoam for tranny but I wouldn't recommend it. Our trannys are already fragile as it is and I wouldn't put anything in there besides Genuine Honda ATF.

jwong512

Reaction score
I'm probably going to Seafoam my car over winter break. I just filled up a full tank of gas on my car and I was wondering if it would still be okay to Seafoam my car like this? Or should I just wait until I'm low on gas then Seafoam it?

BigAnt

Reaction score
I'm probably going to Seafoam my car over winter break. I just filled up a full tank of gas on my car and I was wondering if it would still be okay to Seafoam my car like this? Or should I just wait until I'm low on gas then Seafoam it?

i don't think it matters.

jwong512

Reaction score
After reading the reviews from everyone else, I decided to give it a try on my LX (128k miles). I had a 1/2 bottle of Seafoam that was about 3 years old and was not sure it was still good. I called Seafoam and talked to one of the reps who said he had used the product as old as 6 years and it worked without issue. He said my product was probably greenish based on my description of the age (which it was) and should be ok to use. Well, I did try it and YES, it did WORK! Lots of smoke, better response and smoother idle and shifting. I plan on doing it again along with adding it to the oil and gas this time. THANKS everyone for the comments! I'm sold! By the way, my check engine light did come on, but I corrected that by removing fuse 13 as described on this site. ALL is good!

I just seafoamed my car yesterday. Trust me, if you do it with oil and gas it will be even more beneficial. However, right after you put it in the oil, drive it around for about 2-5 miles AT MOST. Then do an oil change right after. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE on this. Seafoam is very acidic and could destroy your engine if you let it sit in the oil too long. Your oil will come out black for sure and might even be a little bit gunky/lumpy. I did this and my car ran extremely well. I even get better acceleration uphill now. Weird thing was, my car didn't smoke at all and I got a CEL so my seafoam probably got stuck in my Idle Air Control Valve and needs to be cleaned but my idling is much smoother now as well.

9450erick

Reaction score
just tried this on my car and wat a difference
it also helped that i went to a better clutch kit

Back