DIY - Morimoto Mini H1 projectors Retrofit

Ofnir107

Reaction score
^ Yes sir. Here are the pictures for those who might need it:

Step1.png

Step2.png

**Courtesy of LFSoccer2k6

This is for the older models. According to blackcord, you shouldn't need to do this if you're getting the newer 9006 specific models. These would definitely save some time for those who are OCD like me and have to have everything perfect. =D Hope this helps out.

snappz

Reaction score
im reall new at this.. im going to attempt making a retrofit, all im doing right now is just doing alot of research.. and my question is, how do u how the shrouds on place? do u glue ir or something? or its just a perfect fit and it wont move?

swift07

Reaction score
im reall new at this.. im going to attempt making a retrofit, all im doing right now is just doing alot of research.. and my question is, how do u how the shrouds on place? do u glue ir or something? or its just a perfect fit and it wont move?

If you get the latest gen MH1 with gatling gun shrouds it has screw holes that screw to the projector housing.
Pics from hidplanet by semperfihid
2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
maybe i missed somwere or just aint lookin in right place but what kind of relay would b good for the harnness (suggested not required) for the h1 hid kit

racerzedge

Reaction score
wow...i know it's been said already, but i'll reemphasize. this is an excellent OP, with many wonderful and helpful supplementary posts. i thought about getting the TYC projectors, but this looks like a better way to go. all i need now is some quality black housing headlights and i'm good to go. about damn time i join the HID and Retrofit club.

i'm finding new ways to fall in love with my accord everyday.

juicebox00

Reaction score
the shrouds i put in aren't held by anything, just wedged in their

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
I got some gatlin shrouds since they screw in place and probably hide more of the projector.
Got some value ones for $15 off TRS so not bad :)

Perhaps i'll paint more of the stuff flat black too (projector internals) and cover up the two square holes, and sand and lubricate the high/low beam unit.

Back