DIY Throttle Body Bypass

9450erick

Reaction score
is there a possibility that the throttle does stick, since you said that the warmness of the coolant makes it not stick?

imaricer:)

Reaction score
good write up. none like it and seems like you spent more time on it than the actuall mod. :lawl:

its supposed to add 3-4 hp

i did this in the summer. and could tell a diff. basically feels like when ur driving in cool weather but during the day when hot.

i changed it back to stock for the winter and will do it again this spring/summer.

J30MAN

Reaction score
good write up. none like it and seems like you spent more time on it than the actuall mod. :lawl:

its supposed to add 3-4 hp

i did this in the summer. and could tell a diff. basically feels like when ur driving in cool weather but during the day when hot.

i changed it back to stock for the winter and will do it again this spring/summer.

You could tell a difference? And have you tried it in the winter?...did you have any probs?

Reaction score
You could tell a difference? And have you tried it in the winter?...did you have any probs?

yeah, throttle response increased a lil for me.

im too skeptical to try it in the winter lol. i hear it messes w ur idle and takes forever for ur car to warm up. didnt want to fuc* with it u know?

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
yeah, throttle response increased a lil for me.

im too skeptical to try it in the winter lol. i hear it messes w ur idle and takes forever for ur car to warm up. didnt want to ***** with it u know?

true i might just wait till spring and swap over like you do.

Johnson

Reaction score
It is only to be used in areas that never get below 32 degrees. Although some people ran it at under 0 degrees and reported no problems at all. Use at your own risk.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I also doubt that it increases 3-4hp.. What basis are you saying that on Ricer? Just on the basis of your name? Sorry had to get you on that one haha.

Reaction score
I also doubt that it increases 3-4hp.. What basis are you saying that on Ricer? Just on the basis of your name? Sorry had to get you on that one haha.

:lawl:

no i read it in the original write up.

i doubt it does lol. but like i said i can feel a gain in throttle response. it helps a lot imo speacially on auto-trash its.

Last edited:
Back