DIY LEDs gauge cluster

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
;)
18ab03d4-6506-7966.jpg

redmeansfaster

Reaction score
your temp gauge, fuel gauge, and climate control dont look stock...but its probably just the camera....red looks good though

Boilerup15

Reaction score
so there is no soldering involved with these bulbs from superbrightleds? Seems like a much cheaper route than ledautomotive. I want to do this, I just don't want to have to solder anything.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
your temp gauge, fuel gauge, and climate control dont look stock...but its probably just the camera....red looks good though

stock stock stock!

red is clean, yeah. looks much better than buddies civic si or rsx type s gauges.

nhldogg

Reaction score
Now i removed my gauge cluster a while back to change the odpmeter bulb and ever since when i put it in drive the d light is not illuminated with the green. All other gear positions work fine as well as all lights. What could be the issue? You can also tell by looking at my sig.

xx24xx

Reaction score
wat how come my lcd scrren didnt pop out like that? wat else am i missing? lol
IMG_0253.jpg

If you in fact replaced the bulb with an LED then your LED is dead OR you have the polarity backwards. Simply untwist it, flip it around to match polarity and twist back in.

stock stock stock!

red is clean, yeah. looks much better than buddies civic si or rsx type s gauges.

Red is the best color in my opinion. It looks good, you can see the needles and it looks more uniform. No modding necessary either. I on the other hand just HAD to do blue to match all my other LEDs and I can't see the needles for sh*t haha.

FYI if you plan on replacing other specific bulbs, such as the gas light, you will need resistors or something. I mistakenly swapped it out and it stayed on.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
FYI if you plan on replacing other specific bulbs, such as the gas light, you will need resistors or something. I mistakenly swapped it out and it stayed on.

Really? I replaced my turn signals with white bulbs. What's gonna happen? Gonna blow sooner?

xx24xx

Reaction score
Really? I replaced my turn signals with white bulbs. What's gonna happen? Gonna blow sooner?

Nah those are fine. I did those and they work. The gas light has a sensor or something, causing the voltage change to keep it on 24/7.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Nah those are fine. I did those and they work. The gas light has a sensor or something, causing the voltage change to keep it on 24/7.

yeah well my right turn signal light just went out today on my dash.
irony. :(
angry.

metrick1235

Reaction score
Sorry crappy photo from blackberry but this is mine.. No hot spots, I also used 360 degree bulbs from Superbrightled.com Awesome light up.. I also used fingernail polish remover and got all the yellow off my needles so they are white in the day and matching blue at night...

n500735482_6070171_6226838.jpg

Back