Skid Plate

all.i.see

Reaction score
if a cop can see the sign just by looking underneath your car you don't need a skid plate

hahaha +1

Id definitely buy one! I think my problem is more with the pipe from my headers hanging too low, thats my biggest issue. Anyone else have this problem?

all.i.see

Reaction score
Is it made for our accords? Cant seem to find a skit plate by them or anything for our cars really. On there website at least. Have any links?

all.i.see

Reaction score
Ya I read reviews on it too. Some say its too small and not worth it to make your own but I have stock headers that Ive already dented and continue to scrape up :eusa_wall: so I think it'll fit fine with my headers. Its the aftermarket ones that have the issues it sounds like. Guess well see when ever I decide to buy it.

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
I'm currently working on one. I'm actually planning on finishing it tonight haha. New Orleans streets are TERRIBLE... and seeing as how my subframe is ~2" off the ground, I thought it would be a good idea. It's going to bolt to the subframe.

Here's what I have so far:

9hsa5u.jpg

I'm going to drill holes through the plate and the subframe, countersink the holes so that the bolts sit flush against the plate so that the heads dont get messed up (or as much) when it scrapes, and tap the holes in the subframe so that I don't need nuts on the backside of each bolt.

Last edited:

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
I'm currently working on one. I'm actually planning on finishing it tonight haha. New Orleans streets are TERRIBLE... and seeing as how my subframe is ~2" off the ground, I thought it would be a good idea. It's going to bolt to the subframe.

Here's what I have so far:

9hsa5u.jpg

I'm going to drill holes through the plate and the subframe, countersink the holes so that the bolts sit flush against the plate so that the heads dont get messed up (or as much) when it scrapes, and tap the holes in the subframe so that I don't need nuts on the backside of each bolt.

keep us posted on this. I haven't had time to fab one up yet b/c I been busy with school and work. This is a great start on one!

Back