VERY bright interior dome light DIY

Hello People

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks a bunch, that made my life a lot easier. I didn't even know I had a license plate light. Must've burned out ages ago!

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
cant wait to see!!

what exactly did you order??

i ordered some bright led strips. im going to attempt to do my footwells soon :)

Ordered 2 48led boards for dome, 10 20led 168s for doors and map (extras will go on other cars), and 2 18led reverse lights..... So its actually only 332 smd leds lol

Plus my new 3000k fog bulbs should be in soon and im almost done with my retro :D

Woot woot!! Love modding my car!
Makes me love her more lol

gt58

Reaction score
Nice I'm definitely gonna attempt this.

dopee!! upload pics and any tricks or tips you pick up in the process to help others :)

Ordered 2 48led boards for dome, 10 20led 168s for doors and map (extras will go on other cars), and 2 18led reverse lights..... So its actually only 332 smd leds lol

Plus my new 3000k fog bulbs should be in soon and im almost done with my retro :D

Woot woot!! Love modding my car!
Makes me love her more lol

i know exactly what you mean. like before it was just a car i had, now its mine and stands out. i love the bright leds everywhere and my 15 helps with some bump too haha

when your led conversion is done post some pics. im interested in how the red will turn out :D

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score

Jimsun

Reaction score
You made me buy the strip and the trunk light -_- will post pic when received and installed

gt58

Reaction score
You made me buy the strip and the trunk light -_- will post pic when received and installed

hahahaha nice. i used a 48cm strip on my sedan trunk. is that the same one u got?

drilling thru the plastic cover was a little tricky because it kept sliding around but eventually we got it. what i did do was superglue the t10 connector into the plug because one good slam knocked it loose and my plate turned into a dam strobe light (from the bass knocking lol) when you pull the plug out unclip it from the harness and superglue or hot glue the connector in, only after testing it to make sure the polarity is correct. i highly recommend gluing it in because it was a pain to remove the electrical tape i put on there to make it look clean and then push the connecter back thru the drilled hole.

117qr79.png

after testing what the correct way the t10 connector fits, hot glue the t10 bulb attachment (circled in purple) into the thing that clips onto the harness. then i took the thing circled in green, that i cut off from the led dome project and soldered that to the direct leads coming from the led strip so that it could be plugged in or out. basically so its not hard wired to the harness.

idk if my ideas and explanation are coming out okay hahaha

Back