DIY: Vtec indicator light

PSYCO G 305

Reaction score
what did you have to do to put it in the cluster like that?

I started out by removing the cluster from the car. Then I removed the front clear cover along with the black cover that lays on top of the gauges. if you turn it around you can see little squares that the "warning lights" shine through. The last one to the right is unused and black (no light will come through). drill the hole for your led and install it. When you put the black cover back on the cluster then you'll see where you can "fish the wire through the cluster. Then hook up the wire as stated in this DIY.

JdmInspireJ30

Reaction score
ok i did mine just like pysco g 305 and my light isnt coming on when i go into vtec for some reason, i checked the ground the wires everything its all lined up perfect, i even put a new led in. it still wont light???? any suggestions, and yes i have it spliced into the right wire so i dunno whats up.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
The only thing I can say is recheck everything one more time, as annoying as that sounds. Is there a resistor on the LED you used? Make sure the LED works...

PSYCO G 305

Reaction score
ok i did mine just like pysco g 305 and my light isnt coming on when i go into vtec for some reason, i checked the ground the wires everything its all lined up perfect, i even put a new led in. it still wont light???? any suggestions, and yes i have it spliced into the right wire so i dunno whats up.

You might wanna check your wiring one more time. make sure the led works and has a proper resistor. I know the first time I did it I didn't have a good ground so I grounded it to the radio negative wire. also... don't use speaker wire it won't carry good power through them.

B12ucehuy

Reaction score
Check your wires, theres 2 gray plug that plug into the ECU that has the GREEN with Yellow strip. Its the one closes to the firewall tap the GREEN with Yellow Strip.

Johnson

Reaction score
Check your wires, theres 2 gray plug that plug into the ECU that has the GREEN with Yellow strip. Its the one closes to the firewall tap the GREEN with Yellow Strip.
Yeah, the OP should make it clearer I did the same mistake. BTW the vtec wire is the same for v4 and v6.

wouldnt doing this light bog down the amount of power going to the vtec

Its only a led afterall..

SeanXtec

Reaction score
When someone bumps a 5 month old thread with such a ridiculous question I cannot help but be sarcastic.

Back