How to tint the back lights..DIY

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
Sinful said:
so should i mask my reflectors? or just paint over them? I don't know how it will look. I'm probably gonna do 1-2 coats... i probably wont have time to do it til next weekend

mask em... and post pics up after youre done tinting, cuz thats what im planning on doing and wanna see how it looks:D

steadypimpin

Reaction score
Im gonna mask them again, I don't wanna have any problems with da po-po. I think it looks cool. I also masked my reverse lights cuz the first time I did it, it was like I had no reverse lights so I redid it.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
ermm, noob question.. but do i spray tint on the inside of the tails or the outside? im assuming inside but reading the thread over im not so sure

steadypimpin

Reaction score
on the outsides. I did mine last night, I'll take pics when I get home. It looks sick. I think it might be too dark though.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
steadypimpin said:
on the outsides. I did mine last night, I'll take pics when I get home. It looks sick. I think it might be too dark though.

eh, darker the better. cant wait to see the pics, take a lot :p

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I taped off the reverse lights and painted the middle piece. After the paint from the middle piece was dry, I took the paint off the reverse lights and gave them a couple sprays of tint to blend them in but not as dark. I didnt tape off the reflectors because its a pain in the a$$. It looks tight tho. after 3pm I'll post the pics when I'm off.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
OK, finally done!!! I will post better pics when I get home. I redid them because they were too dark and I dont want tickets for it. They are still dark but not black.

tailsmc1.jpg

car2xx7.jpg

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
damn that looks nice. I keep saying I'm gonna do this, especially b/c I have a black car lol. Nice job on that though man, looks sweet

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
good job man, they look ballin'. thats a good darkness how many coats did you end up doing?

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I did about 2 coats. Before I made them look real dark, but like I said earlier I dont want to get a ticket for it. You can still see the red in them.

Back