Never swapped questions please answer!!

sohcjose

Reaction score
So I got a 98 sedan automatic I would like to swap it with an h series motor.

But here's the catch keeping it obd2 and auto.

H23a is obd2 right? Also there's an h22 that's a 96 that's obd2?

I'm looking for the easiest swap to keep it auto and obd2 that just bolts up I've never done.

Keeping it auto for my soon to be wife this summer she loves the car. The reason I bought type1 and semi slammed it. She bought my euroline type n's for it behind my back as my bday present.

I'm giving her the car once we are officially married

I've tried to teach her how to drive stick kinda burnt the clutch so no more of that

Jevik

Reaction score
The h23a vtec blue top comes only in automatic. Ecu code should be PCF. To avoid complicating issies, I'd use the h23's auto. You will have to do some slight wiring, and change 1 motor mount. But that's about it. Also I should mention that Jdm ecu's don't have a obd2 protocol, meaning if you have a plug in scanner test for inspection, it will fail, as the Jdm won't communicate with the scanner. You would need to swap the ecu for the US ecu for inspection. If you don't have a scanner test for inspection you're golden. Hope this helped.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
The 97-01 h22 Preludes also came w/ an optional automatic tiptronic transmission, that's probably what would b the right swap 4 u n girl. U could still have fun when u drive it n she will still b able 2 drive it.

Wait she got U rims 4 ur car that ur g2 give her! I think ur gettin burned on a b-day present :henry:

Jevik

Reaction score
Heh, well for one, if he is changing the trans to the h22 trans he won't have to worry about the slipping tranny down the road.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Chances are its already been done.. The 4 bangers aren't that bad haha but that is a valid reason. But that can't be all...

Back