Simpleaccord's 2002 Sedan EX 5 speed manual (56K)

simpleaccord

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Sal. This is the second car I ever owned. A 2002 Honda Accord EX sedan 5 speed manual w/ 151K on the odometer, Nighthawk pearl exterior with gray leather interior. I didn't plan on getting a 6th gen Accord, but this one was pretty clean, and the price was right. I used to drive a 5th gen, but it was stolen over the summer and found stripped. I'm not planning to go all out like my old CD5, but I'll probably do simple clean mods to it, and get maintenance in tip top shape. I just want to enjoy it and make it reliable.

The last owner had some horrible taste, but I'm going to clean it all up.

Engine - stock ULEV and burns so much oil....UGH!!!!
Suspension - unknown, and it makes a loud noise when I have passengers in the car.
Interior/ICE - stock gray leather steak/ OEM 6 disc cd changer w/ cassette player, and audio control on the steering wheel.
Exterior - ugly *** projector headlights and fake 17inch volks racing re30 with really thick tires that came with the car

Future plans

1. Get rid of hideous projectors headlights replace w/ OEM retrofit headlights
2. Get maintenance in tip top shape, tune up /replace old worn parts. I probably do this when I replace the ulev motor with a JDM F23. Completed on 4/1/15
3. Upgrade to better suspension. Planning to replace it with H&R Sport springs/Koni shocks, and new bushing if necessary.
4. Replace current ugly wheels with something better looking along with new tires
6. Convert to 2000 Accord coupe front bumper with OEM front lip spoiler
7. Replace old brake rotors & pads.
8. Fix dents, scratches, and full detail inside and out.

maybe the last owner is a member here too? :shrug:

My old '94 CD. I miss driving this car.

Last edited:

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Wow man that is horrible news about your 5th gen, Im sorry! I cant imagine what I would do if i found those a-holes :biggun:

BamaVTEC

Reaction score
Looks like a good project car, and damn dude... that 5th gen was clean as hell. Sorry to hear about it getting stolen. I hear about lots of cars getting stolen out there in SoCal, y'all got some serious car thieves there.

Pizzaman

Reaction score
congrats. i had the same 5th gen, i miss that car so much!
GL with the new one looks well kept and clean

simpleaccord

Reaction score
Nothing new since I joined this forum. The motor blew and now working a JDM F23 swap.

: (

Old motor

The new used motor. :)

Also doing maintenance before new motor is install.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

simpleaccord

Reaction score
Engine is out and working on maintenance parts.

Hoping to get it back on the road next week. :)

Back