front passenger side

accordian

Reaction score
makes a groaning sound, not quite a high pitched squeaky sound at slow speeds. usually when turning the wheel but sometimes when going straight. suspension?

also, just noticed a sulphur rotten egg smell when i got out of my '01 ex v6. cat or o2 sensor? i didn't check to see if there is a pcv valve as well.

hope this qualifies as urgent.

001Stunna

Reaction score
makes a groaning sound, not quite a high pitched squeaky sound at slow speeds. usually when turning the wheel but sometimes when going straight. suspension?

also, just noticed a sulphur rotten egg smell when i got out of my '01 ex v6. cat or o2 sensor? i didn't check to see if there is a pcv valve as well.

hope this qualifies as urgent.

For your sound...
With the car on level ground and turned off, LOCK the steering wheel; jack up that corner of the car that you believe has an issue and check ball joints(hand at 12/6) and check for play(as if you're shaking the wheel, put some force into it...it wont break); check tierods by placing hands at 9/3 and checking for play(there should be hardly nothing if the steering wheel is locked); check your cv joints/boots for tears and grease leakage

For your rotten egg smell...
Usually it indicates an issue with the cat.converter but unless you end up getting a CEL for the cat.converter i'd say just let it be for the time being. Do a tuneup if you havent in awhile and are due (sparkplug/wires/cap/rotor/pcv valve/air filter/fuel injector cleaner)

-bl-

Reaction score
something simliar happened to me, and it turns out it was my velocity joints. Maybe check that? take off the wheel and look for leaks of grease on the rubber part of the axel (cv boot).

something like this:
cvboot_torn.jpg

again dono if this is whats wrong but those car symptoms happened to me and it was this kind of a problem.

accordian

Reaction score
haven't been able to check out issues due to a sore back. should be better in a week or so. thanks again for the input.

ps: haven't noticed any funky smell in a while. could have been bad gas, the car not mine.

Back