5spd swap, Clutch pedal issue

CHID0

Reaction score
I had mine snap on me too after about a year and half of heavy daily driving. Here's what i did:

clutch.jpg

I simply bolted a home depot metal angle to the top of the bracket and braced it against the dash frame rail. This help brace against moment force on the bracket.

I also made this spacer to go between the master cylinder and firewall to tweak the location of the pedal so it wasn't so high.

02654c3f.jpg

Let me use fewer washers. Actually think i was able to set the bracket directly on the firewall with no washers. Been so long i don't remember.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Thanks for the diagram. I hope to use it for the top bracket part. I hope to reuse the spacers... if there are even any spacers :lawl:

Snoobly

Reaction score
That's the diagram I was looking for!! haha! see the resemblance?

9450erick

Reaction score
haha thats a good diagram, well news gets worse. i took it to a mechanic and he doesnt know much about the swap. the master and slave cylinder have been redesigned by honda because they changed the design of the line. AND he took out my exedy clutch which looked fine still had a lot of life left for an off brand clutch. we will see what happens

Snoobly

Reaction score
What in the world? Dude, just run a custom line from the master to the slave. and why is he taking out your clutch?

acedomain

Reaction score
Sorry didnt want to make a new thread for something that is already here

My pedal broke again just had it welded but realized that it broke because the mechanic didn't secure it at the top all he did was attach a brace to it on the side which kinda helped but I want to secure it at the top now if I drill a hole to the top is that safe to do? I don't want to break or puncture anything or worse ruin any wire behind the dash.... I may do what Chido did to be safe but I much rather have a bolt up there the way it should be

Snoobly

Reaction score
just feel around and make sure there are no wires where the drill bit may come through.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Metal along the firewall? Or the metal along he top? Can you draw a pic or something?

acedomain

Reaction score
The top. I want to screw in the top bolt, I'm on my phone I don't have a computer to draw something but you can use chido's drawing if u see His he made a bracket to secure his top bolt... But I am trying to just drill it to the metal above it

Back