Help! Loud grinding noise, I am clueless

javisback4u

Reaction score
10 to 20 seconds after I shift from 1st to 2nd gear or 2nd to 3rd my Accord 01' makes a grinding noise. It makes the same noise it would make if I were to inappropriately shift gears. That common grinding noise us starters know so well.

I changed the rotors and brake pads to rule that out and it has not been long since the last oil change. Please, I have no idea what this might be and I do not want to get ripped off with lies and what not.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Check your shifter linkage to see if there and debris or fragments under the shift boot if so you might have to replace the whole shifter linkage

javisback4u

Reaction score
Wow, that was so quick, thanks so much for the replies. It is momentary, it grinds every twenty seconds or so the first two or three times it grinds. Then it would grind two or three more times with intervals of thirty or forty seconds.

I am going to take a video tomorrow at three pm.

And to the third reply, I am going to check shifter linkage on Monday with my friend that would clearly know what he's doing because honestly I wouldnt.

Again tnx guys.

javisback4u

Reaction score
I will check all those websites.

And it does not do the sound when i step on the clutch, when I let go and start driving it does it. I have a video and I am going to try to upload it now.

Back