Car won't start after new clutch installed

VitoHGrind

Reaction score
So I spent what felt like years replacing the clutch in my 02 coupe, but now that it's all buttoned back up, the car won't start. I'm fairly certain it's not the battery. There was the slightest of almost imperceptible hiccups when I first tried to start it and another one after we rocked the car a few times, but other than that, turning the key yields no reaction.

We've tried pulling it to jump start it but no joy. I plan to pull the starter back out today and look it over and as well try to turn the crankshaft/flywheel by hand to ensure its not seized somewhere. Any other thoughts on what it could be, possibly as a function of the transmission work?

On a similar note, the clutch pedal feels very loose now. Is it possible there's some sensor that tells the engine the pedal is depressed that's not being triggered now? If so, where is this sensor located and how do I check it for continuity?

Thanks for any help.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Clutch position switch might be something to check. If you sit in the car with it off and depress the clutch pedal, you should hear the switch click at some point, depending on how its adjusted.

VitoHGrind

Reaction score
Is it just at the base of the pedal in the same way the brake light switch is?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
check your starter, I dont know how or why but last 2 times iv done my clutch,something happened with my starter and had to replace it.(O'riellys lifetime warranty,haha)

Back