Sway Bar Size FAQ

Bikes

Reaction score
I just upgraded my rear swaybar and bought a 2007-08 TL-S front sway bar. It looks like it's about an inch shorter on each side and the holes are bigger. Does anyone know how to adapt the bar? (I'm putting it on my 99lx)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I just upgraded my rear swaybar and bought a 2007-08 TL-S front sway bar. It looks like it's about an inch shorter on each side and the holes are bigger. Does anyone know how to adapt the bar? (I'm putting it on my 99lx)

front sway bars go in the front, rear sway bars go in the rear.

i'm not sure about 3g tl front sway bars work with the front on the 6g accords. i've always known that rears are a straight swap, never heard anything about the fronts.

I thought it's direct swap

the rear sway bar is.

Last edited:

Bikes

Reaction score
front sway bars go in the front, rear sway bars go in the rear.

i'm not sure about 3g tl front sway bars work with the front on the 6g accords. i've always known that rears are a straight swap, never heard anything about the fronts.

the rear sway bar is.

Genius!

It is on the list on the first page of the thread...maybe someone has tried it

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Genius!

It is on the list on the first page of the thread...maybe someone has tried it

ah, you're right, i didn't bother to check the first post haha. when i did only the 3g tl progress rear sway bar on my previous accord, it felt great and i wouldn't have even touched the front after that. a lot of people have said to just leave the front as is and upgrade the rear, worked out well for me. i also misread your post i quoted earlier haha, my mistake. hopefully your issue gets sorted easily though! sorry i'm not of much help haha.

Bikes

Reaction score
ah, you're right, i didn't bother to check the first post haha. when i did only the 3g tl progress rear sway bar on my previous accord, it felt great and i wouldn't have even touched the front after that. a lot of people have said to just leave the front as is and upgrade the rear, worked out well for me. i also misread your post i quoted earlier haha, my mistake. hopefully your issue gets sorted easily though! sorry i'm not of much help haha.

what I'm trying to get away from is the feeling of the back being super stiff (which I like) and the front feeling looser. I wonder if coilovers and a strut bar would be more effective

Reaction score
I bought new front and rear 07-08 TL-S away bars. The rear went on no problem. The front however was it a little difficult. The TL or Accord front end links did not work. They were not long enough, or angled wrong. I ended up using the factory Accord rear end links on the front and this seems to work fine. I have heard a few clunks, but my factory end links have 215k miles, so I may just get new ones, or try to find something else that fits.

Just wanted everyone to know the front is not exactly bolt on as the angle of the ends of the bar is perpendicular (closer to a 90 degree bend as opposed to the Accord bar which is close to a 45 degrees angle)

I have taken some hard turns and it feels waaaaay more planted with noticeably less body roll. Suspension is otherwise stock for now.

If I figure out a better solution for the front end links I will post an update.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I would love to find a bolt on solution.

I feel sure that there is an end link out there that would work better.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would replace your Accord end links, unless, they are recently replaced.

You don't need the TL ones.

Back