CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HomerJay's 2001 Accord Coupe EX (56K) [UPDATED 9/29!!]

ahhhhhhhh shes back and better than ever

HomerJay

Reaction score

Thanks guys! She's been doing well since the fire but haven't had any spare money for "fun stuff" since there seems to be something new every few months. A couple months ago, I replaced the valve seals and springs. This month it's the clutch...:ugh:

Hopefully nothing major after the clutch/flywheel/engine mounts. Well, I have a feeling I need another catalytic converter (leaky valve seals contributed to another early failure).

I'm looking forward to getting the clutch/flywheel installed but not looking forward to the burn-in period.

Devil-V

Reaction score

Good job on the gauges. That's a common modding job that goes wrong for many people, with expensive consequences. I'm surprised you managed to remove the needles and put them back on without any unusual needle behaviour.

HomerJay

Reaction score

Good job on the gauges. That's a common modding job that goes wrong for many people, with expensive consequences. I'm surprised you managed to remove the needles and put them back on without any unusual needle behaviour.
I managed to get the overlays under the needles without removing the needles. I had seen a few posts where people removed their needles and found plenty of horror stories.

The temp/fuel gauge overlay needed to be replaced so my instrument panel is now two-tone. I haven't gotten around to putting it back in yet.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Wow, sucks about the fire, first time I have seen a CG damaged from fire, hope that is a rare thing.

Guages look good though, nice work.

HomerJay

Reaction score

Wow, sucks about the fire, first time I have seen a CG damaged from fire, hope that is a rare thing.

Guages look good though, nice work.
It was quite a shock, that's for sure. I had just put the new wheels on that day. I noticed the fire truck during dinner and didn't think for a minute my car was on fire! Thankfully, she made it through...I had only just found this site when the fire struck. So I was only beginning to start a plan; I'm glad I am able to continue making changes. I wish I could do turbo.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Everything in time, best thing I ever did/ever suggested to me was to gather parts over time until you are ready to do another change.

HomerJay

Reaction score

I'm definitely not looking forward to the installation cost for a clutch/flywheel and three engine mounts!

PA060177.jpg

Given the price of all the parts, I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

HomerJay

Reaction score

Well, I finally got around to installing the clutch and flywheel...well, almost. I hope to finish next weekend. Unfortunately, I'm doing this in a parking lot so I can't keep my car raised so I'm only working during weekends.

Transmission on my custom transmission "cradle":
P4110155.JPG

Old flywheel:
P4110158.JPG

New Fidanza 8# flywheel:
P4110160.JPG

Centerforce clutch disc:
P4110162.JPG

So pretty...it's a shame it's hidden...
P4110164.JPG

Last edited:

HomerJay

Reaction score
Re: HomerJay's 2001 Accord Coupe EX (56K) [UPDATED 4/22!!]

Shameless bump...finally finished the clutch/flywheel...:driving:

Still having to take it easy on it...:eusa_wall: Thankfully, I'm about halfway through the break-in period. So far, I'm loving it!...definitely recommend the upgrade to anyone with a manual. I don't know that I'd recommend the self-installation part, though.

Back