All RED Taillights UPDATES :D!!!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
If you want a finish that will stay, sand back through the paint you put on. I don't know if you sanded and cleaned it before but bubbles are where the paint did not adhere correctly.

If you don't want to do this every few years, I suggest using an air brush and using a red candy instead of spray paint. Spray paint will do the job but since nobody makes an automotive translucent red in a can (to my knowledge), it will fade over time.

Anyway, sanding will give you an opportunity to have much better prep work and just spray light coats. Clear it and wetsand if you desire.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
red film. the spray faded within a month both times i used it...the second time i even used clear and **** still faded quick.​

talontsiawd

Reaction score
red film. the spray faded within a month both times i used it...the second time i even used clear and **** still faded quick.​

I did this on my talon 3x's with different paint. The stain glass stuff faded in a few months. I forgot what I finally found but it was some sort of spray candy that wasn't for general hobby stuff (but it wasn't automotive). Real automotive paint (candy) should hold up almost forever though.

Film is better, especially if you do that first because you can easily go back to stock. Took me like 3 days to sand my lights and make them look right lol.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Sucks for wasted time Talon, it could have been handled in like 5 minutes using 100% acetone. I have used that plenty to remove any type of finish to return to stock on lamps, and it works perfectly. Does NOT damage the plastic or cause dulling even. Just do it to wipe the stuff off, it wipes right off, then rub dry. Do repeatedly until all excess stuff is off and OEM finish results. May need multiple rags to wipe crap off.

Hope this helps someone :peace:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
word, i used acetone to get niteshades and the red spray i used off of my tail lights multiple times, works great, haha.

tint film ftw though haha.​

Back