Paint Job Situation :(

honda_dude

Reaction score
hey guys im in need of some opinions.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37251

Hear me out and my situation:

As you all can see in the link that my paint looks like crap and yea its hella sucks to drive around like that. its not just one little spot its all over my hood, roof, trunk and also starting to do the same on my front and back fenders.

I was gunna so a DIY paint job on the whole car but I've doin some research and its gunna be time consuming. It may be cheaper but im not sure if its worth it cause i dont even have a garage.

So my options are either to get it painted at Maaco for 200-350 bucks (IF I DO LET MAACO PAINT IT I WILL PREP IT MYSELF) OR paint it myself (I have no experience in painting cars LOL, the closest is painting my tailights haha) or leave it like that and not paint it (keep in mind that it looks like CRAP. its embarrassing driving around like that.

What do u guys think? I dont have the $$$ for a quality paint job which is gunna cost anywhere around $800-$2000. And plus im going to only hav the car for another year then it'll be past down to my lil brother only if its still running cause the tranny is bad.

honda_dude

Reaction score
Prep it and take it to maaco

do i just prep the problem areas or do i prep the whole car? prep as in sand all clear coat out? what about the paint?? and then primer and all that good stuff?

hirichard

Reaction score
And plus im going to only hav the car for another year then it'll be past down to my lil brother only if its still running cause the tranny is bad.

he'll make the money back on the sale, soon as any potential buyer sees all that faded paint A LOT of them are gonna turn away so im in for prep yourself then maaco spray also.

He's giving it to his brother if the tranny doesnt go.

ActNow

Reaction score
I say prep and maaco spray. Don't leave it like that and give it to your bro that kinda stinks but if you don't like him that much than leave it. On the flip side if you do prep it yourself, that's hands on experience with body work that in its self is priceless. If its not perfect no big deal, you tried and learned a new skill and you get to pass it on to someone else to deal with.

elcatrachito14

Reaction score
Where is the pics of the so bad paint job you did? Plus Iam pretty sure it looks better then what it was with those pealing or faded spots, thats more embarrassing..

Back