SEV Head Balancer (engine performance enhancer)

agginline86

Reaction score
yeah and transferring heat to make the engine run more efficiently?
not from those tiny things...

but really odd that there was such a noticeable difference

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I love the currency comparison, just sounds so funny when people say it.

Interesting. How do these things work? Are they just weights? You said you noticed a change in the shifting, which is indicative of the transmission, but these are placed on the IM?
In a simple words, it thickens the torque. In more detail word, it reduces the engine-loss (frictions) and metabolizes the heat of the engine. Yes, I noticed a change in the shifting, but the shifting doesn't become smooth or anything. It changes the shift in lower RPMs than how it used to be, and I have less time lag between shifts. By that means, I should say that it's more of a change in the engine-response. Regarding the placement of this item, it needs to be on top of the cylinders, which means it's usually is on an IM or an engine cover.

for more information, visit this page w/ Eng translation.
http://translate.google.com/transla...A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B5%E3%83%BC&biw=954&bih=435
if it's all about charge, I fail to see how a magnet would change anything
especially through the IM
as a scientist it makes no sense to me lol
I'm not sure what you mean by "charge"..., and it's not really a magnet either.
 ↓
 ↓
This item is, and all of their products are, made by the mixture of "natural ore" & "dozens of different metals", which helps to rejuvenate a physical matter. (Think of it as a car wearing a "Phiten neckless" lol.)

^ Doesn't make much sense to me either.. Really wonder about the R&D behind how this works! Interesting though!!!

:thinking:

yeah and transferring heat to make the engine run more efficiently?
not from those tiny things...

but really odd that there was such a noticeable difference
I hear you guys lol. In fact, I was veeeery skeptical about their products. It took nearly 3 years for me to decide getting this. Well, for $340 it better be good. And it does work.

It's really difficult to explain the feeling of the change, but my OP is my best of describing it. (I revised it a little btw.)

Last edited:

drax89

Reaction score
Sil, How did you decide between the V-1 and the V-2 ? Difference seems to be the center insert and the color, but didn't find anything in English explaining what the difference between them is ?

drax89

Reaction score
Never mind, I read the link you provided above....You said only 1 is needed for I-4 and 2 for the v-6....diagram on your link shows 2 on the I-4 and 4 on the v-6 ?

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Looks like a load of BS to me.

Shift points are controlled by the computer, which determines them based on MAP, TPS, ect... plus a 'learning' algorithm. Hardly an accurate way to evaluate, and probably completely irrelevant.

I can't find anything where they even make claims about HOW it is supposed to work. Mutha'***'n magnets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQWksKNrJm0

BTW, it's a 'head balancer' and you put them on the intake manifold.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Never mind, I read the link you provided above....You said only 1 is needed for I-4 and 2 for the v-6....diagram on your link shows 2 on the I-4 and 4 on the v-6 ?
The description (dat funny translation lol) on the diagram is really saying that you'll need 2 for the "Horizontally-opposed" 4 cylinder engine" (shown on the left), and 4 for the V-8 engine (on the right). I asked the retail person and he told me 1 for I-4 and 2 for V-6.
img04_zpsa2708f3e.png

Looks like a load of BS to me.

Shift points are controlled by the computer, which determines them based on MAP, TPS, ect... plus a 'learning' algorithm. Hardly an accurate way to evaluate, and probably completely irrelevant.

I can't find anything where they even make claims about HOW it is supposed to work. Mutha'***'n magnets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQWksKNrJm0

BTW, it's a 'head balancer' and you put them on the intake manifold.
Lol. You some kind of a hater? Or you had a bad day??

Shift points are controlled by your foot on the gas pedal within the certain speed of a vehicle.

The best way is to google "SEV Head Balancer" and translate the page from Japanese to English, as well as the link I posted. Unfortunately, they aren't mutha'***'n magnets; They're motherfucking expensive piece of "metal".

Your clip has an error.

I show this pic to the sales rep, and he told me putting on my IM, where its on the "head" of the engine, is fine.
Accord-v6_zps1b1d28b0.jpg

I don't care what you think, but I'll let you criticize my review, IF YOU TRY IT FIRST. :Nonono:

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
http://translate.google.com/transla...buntu&hs=vvb&sa=N&channel=cs&biw=1215&bih=938

Lol, yeah, bunch of BS. I don't need to try that.

It reduces friction between moving parts- No, it's stuck on with tape like an APC hood scoop.
It controls heat- No, heat must go somewhere, 1st law of thermodynamics, again it's held on with tape

Nano technology :ROFL: I don't care what you make a sticker out of, it's still a sticker. You just bought some peel & stick snake oil.

Hey, I've got this R logo. Made of special plastic. Stick it to the front of your hood, cuts wind drag. Nanobots, micro-turbulence, all kinds of sciencey gibberish. I'll make a sweet deal, $200. LMK

Last edited:

agginline86

Reaction score
http://translate.google.com/transla...buntu&hs=vvb&sa=N&channel=cs&biw=1215&bih=938

Lol, yeah, bunch of BS. I don't need to try that.

It reduces friction between moving parts- No, it's stuck on with tape like an APC hood scoop.
It controls heat- No, heat must go somewhere, 1st law of thermodynamics, again it's held on with tape

Nano technology :ROFL: I don't care what you make a sticker out of, it's still a sticker. You just bought some peel & stick snake oil.

Hey, I've got this R logo. Made of special plastic. Stick it to the front of your hood, cuts wind drag. Nanobots, micro-turbulence, all kinds of sciencey gibberish. I'll make a sweet deal, $200. LMK

see thats what i was thinking
even if it was made of some super-powerful rare earth magnet
A. there's no way it penetrates into the engine
B. Your engine doesn't create ions and charges aren't a factor, it's a combustion engine after all
C. Even if it did, you'd need to perfectly place the "balancer" in a position that would evenly affect anything to do with the engine

but I am a chemist and not a physicist so without trying it for myself...

:poker:

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Check out the other 'balancers' they've got some for the radiator hoses and some for the chassis. The chassis one decreases vibration and increases 'quick sex'

Back