Doms 1990 Mustang GT

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Thanks man. If everything goes exactly how I want it to, I'll be able to drive it to the car wash to spray the engine down by between monday the 2nd and monday the 9th. i totally forgot i had a full week to work on it before i go home, including a weekend. awesome :D

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
minor update. got the carpet out today and sprayed the passenger side with undercoating. probably gonna go and get 3-4 more cans to do the rest of the floor. The carpet was real nasty from having the window down for almost 2 years so i just tossed it. i dont really see myself getting a new carpet any time soon. Also, tried taking the cam bolt out but it just turns the engine, which turned the wheels, so the car backed down the ramps its on quite a bit. whoops. but i read online that you could shove some rope down into the spark plug hole and cause the engine to lock up so i can get the bolt out. then its just a matter of pulling off the harmonic balancer and getting the timing cover off and cleaning up down there for new gaskets and whatnot.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
got the cam bolt off with the rope trick. im not sure if it was the rope, or because i put it in 5th gear instead of 1st. regardless, one more piece and i'll be halfway done :kenny:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
got the harmonic balancer off and cleaned up a little bit of the oil and dirt under the hood. finished spraying the interior floor with undercoat, and unfortunately going to put the interior back together today

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i just put the seats and center console back in. no carpet. theres still a few panels that need to go in (under the steering wheel trim) but i dont know if i'll put it back. i'm not worried about the interior cosmetically at this point. just wanted to rid myself of mold and rodents

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
big update. car is back together after a long days work today. free beer night last night made it that much more difficult, but i kind of had a moment of clarity. after getting all of the oil pan bolts undone, i kind of realized that instead of starting with the bottom 4 bolts i'd put the water pump on temporarily, which would move the timing cover into place. after I did that, it was just a matter of finding all of the bolts and nuts. threw everything together, added 2 gallons of coolant, and drove it around for a bit with no problems, and no leaks. battery died on the way back though, so a friend and i had to push it about a mile. good thing its flat around here

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
replaced alternator, fixed the problem. ultra awesome. too bad its just a stock 75a replacement. i might upgrade to a 130a later on down the road when i put electric fans in it, but for now, its cool

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice man, good work getting this thing more solid. Crazy crack in the timing cover.

Last edited:
Back