keyless fastkey kit?

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
I've been googling and I guess "fast key" is what Mitsubishi calls their keyless sensory ignition. I know the 370z have this too. Anyone know if its possible or available to have a complete keyless kit like this where you dont even need a key to crank the ignition or maybe be able to leave it in there but not crank unless the alarm remote is in the car?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
it would be unique, but thats is alot of money

you could do the cheap way and install a push button start, but you need to have the key in the "on" position

acedomain

Reaction score
what happens (if you have a stick shift) if your batt. dies and you cant push start it because the codes cant be read and the engine wont turn on.....or when you loose the coded key fob your suppose to have when you get in the car....and how much would it be to re-program this ....sounds like a money pit but if you have the cash do it i know i wouldnt mind having this in a new car but not in a car as old as ours

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
actually, yes this is what I'm talking about but didnt realize how ridiculously expensive it would be hahaha. figures. thanks for finding it though!

now that i know what they're called, i found a bunch of different systems ranging in different prices. the one that stood out was this one

http://auto-hub.com/stardrive_push_start_ignition.html#

this is exactly what i was looking for. if you get close to the car, it unlocks, too far from it, it locks. get in the car, codes are sent and a push button with acc is used.
for a little less then $450 for the complete system, its not that much more then what i paid for my viper remote start kit

Last edited:

98accordlx

Reaction score
what happens (if you have a stick shift) if your batt. dies and you cant push start it because the codes cant be read and the engine wont turn on.....or when you loose the coded key fob your suppose to have when you get in the car....and how much would it be to re-program this ....sounds like a money pit but if you have the cash do it i know i wouldnt mind having this in a new car but not in a car as old as ours

the best option alarm wise to battle that from what ive found is this alarm with an optima battery. once i get my new car squared away with normal maintenance stuff i may do this before any other mods

http://youtu.be/whoU2MFYMjs

Back