Shifter Cable!!

phi1542

Reaction score
Holy crap. I didn't know shiftercables could snap. Did you have them routed tightly or something?
Old post but I've been having issues with my shifter for a while now. After my friend installed my new clutch kit the shifting is really rough. Going from first to second isnt smooth. It grinds going into 3rd and 5th sometimes, especially at high rpm, and occasionally will not go into 1st and reverse. I have to let go of the clutch and try again. Just gotta slam it in there sometimes. My friend told me to replace the shifter cable but is there a way to fix it? I'm not sure what you mean by routing but can it be rerouted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
So u can wipe out the cables as being the problem. And trans was fine before new clutch? I'm almost thinking your getting air in your hydraulics

phi1542

Reaction score
So u can wipe out the cables as being the problem. And trans was fine before new clutch? I'm almost thinking your getting air in your hydraulics
Yeah it didn't do this when I first got it. Air in the hydrolic? What's that and how do I get it out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Back